Can anyone come up with a morally acceptable reason for waiting thousands of years to end wickedness?

by gubberningbody 112 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

PP: I see a change of heart? great point.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The problem does not lie with God or His morality, dear ones (may you all have peace!). It lies with man's erroneous premises, assumptions, and presumptions. Of things like, the belief that God exists "in this world." He does not. This world has a ruler and the "fright" that we see all about is because THAT one is the one who doesn't give flying monkey's... well, you know what I mean... about ANYONE. Even those who belong to HIM.

The second (and this one truly boggles my mind!) is that God ever said He WAS the God of this world (which He never did), and thus was ever obligated to look out for, intervene on behalf of, or care for anyone IN this world... other than those belonging to HIM (which He didn't), and that by hurling accusations, one can force Him to do so... or anything for that matter (which they can't).

Such thinking, challenges, and comments are tantamount to the Baal worshippers... and those who had others gods... or those who had no god at all... who were being reviled and killed by their OWN enemies... those who either worshipped their same gods, other gods, or no god at all (who weren't necessarily enemies of Israel at a given time)... crying out to and deriding Israel and saying, "Why isn't YOUR God... who we don't serve, heck, don't even believe in... saving us? You know why? Because either (1) He doesn't exist, or (2) He really doesn't care about US!"

Because they cannot fathom the second... that they are not of those whom God is OBLIGATED to care for (those in His covenant)... they take on the first.

My question is who said He HAD to take care of everyone???? If one doesn't believe in Him... and/or doesn't serve Him as their God... what then OBLIGATES Him to do ANYTHING for such ones?

There is only one thing that so obligated Him: love. And He fulfilled that obligation... for the entire world... when He sent His Son (John 3:16). The Son that ones also ignore, if not outright deny. Some even sought to kill that One... some did kill him.

The problem isn't with God, dear ones... not by a long shot. It is the world's misunderstanding of just who IS "protected" by God. If you are indignant that you don't receive such protection... or others don't... you might consider that perhaps you... and they... aren't in a covenant requiring it.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

CyberJesus:

I think you were talking to me? If so, thanks.....I don't know if it's a change of heart as such.....more that I just am tired of people trying to make excuses for this God, this character who seems to have a lot of people on this planet who need to defend him.

Let's be honest here - JW's come up with some ridiculous "sovereignty" thing, which just sounds like a bunch of kids trying to justify why Daddy let the girl next door get raped instead of stopping it. Christans come up with various things like "If everyone accepted Jesus, we would all be like happy bunnies, but God is patiently waiting for us to convert" and so on.

Either way, whatever you believe, the facts are these - people are getting hurt every day, and we get told that it's all part of "God's mysterious plan". Ok, that's fine - but people who worship this God should not be surprised if others think this Biblical God is a complete and utter *******, and that we would all be better off without him. It's smacks of blinders when people try to make excuses for him. Don't these people think that perhaps the genocidal, legalistic, exacting God of the OT doesn't want them to make an excuse for him? Wouldn't he have made it a bit clearer if he did? Maybe this is the way he wants it? I don't know, it's like people have built an image of some cuddly Grandad, when the God of the Bible seems a pretty ruthless character to me...

I tend to agree with TheFinger: "

There is no way that this God has a morality even remotely resembling what a decent person would be considered morally upright......however it does argue strongly against every concept of God as represented by any organized religion."

Frankly, I think the God who has the morality displayed in the Bible doesn't really give a **** what we think. If that means you don't want to worship him/her/it, then God knows (in more ways than 1, I think!) where you are coming from.

PP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit