How long until the WT Society gives "new light" about the Internet?

by DagothUr 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Well, banning transfusions and many other normal things is stupid and yet they do it! Why not banning the Internet at one stage or...like they do with the blood now...banning "whole" Internet use, but allowing fractions like jw.org or watchtowr.org? Normally one would expect that an organization's doctrine to evolve parallel with scientific discoveries. But in the case of the JW it was not always like that. There's always the danger of the "increasing light" which may become "new light" at any point and one kosher-today issue becomes not-kosher issue tommorrow. This is a paranoid cult, unpredictable and dangerous.

Of course the Borg will not be able to monitor and control what an average r&f is doing at home with his computer. But I suppose they could try to insert in his mind a stronger sense of guilt for using the net, you know, educate his "Christian-educated counscience".

• wobble
    wobble

Over in Mormonland, how do they view the Internet ?

they are in a similar position with lots of X Mormon sites, and being a high control Cult, as are the WT.

• chickpea
    chickpea

every time i read something else about the b0rg and the internet
    i go looking around on facebook for dr0nes from the KH i attended...

to be sure, 90% are the young ones, kids i knew now in 20-30s
    and some of them have really buttoned down access to their info,
    but they are still there, still socializing via the interwebs, and some
    of them are downright nasty....

the society might give new light, but there will be a persistent
    segment of the fringe, "for appearances only", nominal JWs whose
    actions will clearly indicate where the b0rg can stick their new light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit