Hi Everyone! My introduction.

by cherrypye 50 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Welcome CherryPie, and congratulations on your success. It makes me happy to see your strory contradict what the WT prints in regards to those that leave.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice to met you cherrypye

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

cherrypye - welcome! Thanks for sharing your story with us, and congrats on your successes "on the outside". Kicked out at 18? Wow. Harsh. Frakkin' cult. I don't know if I could've survived as well as you did and admire your strength and courage. Big kudos to you on getting your Bachelor's degree. How EMPOWERING! That's truly wonderful that your parents were there at the graduation.

In therapy, I learned to grieve the relationship I wanted but could never have with my mother.

Oh yeah, I identify with that a lot. I also went to therapy (for a very long time). A big part of it was dedicated to grieving the loss of my family. My father primarily (Mom passed on in '95). It took a while for me to finally understand & accept that I may never have the kind of relationship I wanted with him. I had to learn to let go of all feelings of guilt and the gnawing "I'm never good enough" mentality I was lugging around from being raised as a JW. It's rotten what negative emotions are heaped up on young JWs and the burdens placed on their shoulders.

I lurked for a very long time before finally signing up and posting....but do find myself in my "old habit" and fall-back pattern of mostly lurking. I still read/learn every day. I have trouble sleeping, so I find myself reading "the best of" topics in the middle of the night. It's all good. It's a great welcoming community of people here. Like OTWO said re: participating/posting, unless it's something you need...well, you most likely already know it, I'm sure -- this board is a great place to "Just BE".

Cheers!

RTA

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Cherrypie and Welcome to the gang...well done for coming so far in your journey to freedom and peace...we all know it isnt easy...I hope you enjoy lots of support and encouragement here as I have....its a good place to be...

Loz x

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your story!!

• bohm
    bohm

Welcome!

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Cherrypie, welcome to the forum. It is always nice to go from being a long time lurker to a poster! Cheers, Mattieu

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Wow Cherrypye Your a legend. So many of us sacrifice our life present and future to the past but not you You took the lousy hand you were dealt and became a winner. An inspiration to us all.

Re your Mum She can't give you what she has not got to give but as I'm sure you already know you can break the cycle and love your children unconditionally

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It's nice to be among a group of people who understand this situation! I look forward to getting to know you all.

• moshe
    moshe
    and now we have a cordial relationship.

Did she ever apologize for giving you at boot at midnight? JW's seldom admit to being wrong, when it comes to shunning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit