Hi Everyone! My introduction.

by cherrypye 50 Replies latest jw friends

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

I am a former dub, born and raised and left at the age of 18. I was baptised at nine, aux pioneer, regular pioneer and around 16 started to see the light. My parents give me the heave-ho the day I hit 18 (at midnight, to be precise.) I was marked at 17 for dating a "worldly". 14 years later, I find myself at peace, never having been DF'd or DA'd.

My mom shunned me for a few years, but started to let her walls down, and now we have a cordial relationship. There are topics I can never discuss with her, but she of course freely preaches to me and belittles anything I do that conflicts with the org.

My entire extended family are still in, so I will never truly be free from this religion. I escaped by marrying, and moving out of the state. We've recently moved back home, so it should be interesting. I lurk here far too much...at least an hour to two per day, but I'm ever preparing for the opportunity to talk to my mom about the truth about the truth. I have faith that one day she will see this wicked religion for what it is, and I'm doing what I can to prepare.

Until then, thank you for your stories of hope, and your updates. It's refreshing to know I understand more about this religion than those who are still in it. I pray one day they will all be free.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board!

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Thanks asilentone.

I have a quick question -- my email address isn't public info here, is it?

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

Welcom and congrats on getting out

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Welcome Cherrypye

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It truly shows how JWs no matter where on earth they may be, treat people who leave, the same cult mind control everywhere.

I too have family still blinded by the Borg, I hope that they one day see they light and leave.

Great that you haven't been DF, you escaped without them playing their stupid little 'expelling' game on you, well done.

Lets hope your family slowly wake up!

I have a quick question -- my email address isn't public info here, is it?

No :)

3Mozzies

• asilentone
    asilentone

no, your email address is not shown here.

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Thanks all!

• designs
    designs

Cherrypye-

Welcome, you have a good heart, we all wish you the best with your family.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome, cherrypye!

It's always nice to see newbies here, coming out of "her". I'm happy to hear from you that you've been able to keep contact with your mother despite the dictates of this miserable excuse for a religion. It's also wonderful to hear that you've escaped from marrying "in". I'm glad that I dodged that bullet as well. Just one thing: please, don't just lurk! Participate a little. I love seeing people who have something to say here. Don't just hang around. Enjoy your hard won freedom...

Best wishes,

V665V665

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome to JWN Cherrypye! How awful that they kicked you out when you turned 18! Sounds like it was to the hour! How hateful. I'm so sorry. That's not what an 18 year old needs - they still need parents! You were so young when you were baptized! How can children make lifelong decisions like that? It's crazy to expect that! I'm glad you are talking to your mom now and that there is some healing there. I hope your family sees the truth one day. This is an evil organization.

I wish you the best! You've come to the right place to share and heal.

Hadit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit