Brazilian Billboards having impact

by Gayle 48 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

How about; Jehovah's Witnesses do not allow freedom of speech.

What does a billboard cost in the Brooklyn Heights area?

• wasblind
    wasblind

It would be nice if you could get actual billboards of old Watchtowers

or any literature that show their false prophecies. Seeing those billboards

everyday goin' into work would surely cause people to question this religion

I believe it could cause some damage if done right as a campaign

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

Wasblind, I think your idea is great! What a great example the Brazilian former Witnesses are giving.

• Scott77
    Scott77

It would be nice if you could get actual billboards of old Watchtowers

or any literature that show their false prophecies. Seeing those billboards

everyday goin' into work would surely cause people to question this religion

I believe it could cause some damage if done right as a campaign

wasblind

That is a good idea. I agree with it. Think of "million now living will never die" Alot of people have died of course. What a deception the Watchtower is!

Scott77

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

All it will take is for someone to start a paypal account, and we all could donate into it.

However, billboards are notoriously expensive. Here are some rates for AZ:

http://www.lamaroutdoor.com/StateRates.aspx?State=AZ

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Considering the expense, perhaps a billboard that will get the media's attention might be the way to go. I still think a billboard across from Brooklyn Bethel would get quite a bit of attention.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Love it!

• dgp
    dgp

Joey Jo-Jo did great, but there are a few things that might be good to be picky about:

The top bilboard with the blind fold women says

DISCRIMINATION CONTINUES

The Courts of the State of Ceará drop action against Jehovah's witnesses.

The office of the Public Prosecutor cannot remain silent.

DOWN WITH INTOLERANT RELIGION

The black sign says

Unprecedented

Jehovahs Witnesses

Will answer to justice (the court) for crime

of religious discrimination

The red says

Disfellowshipped and dissasociated

Do not acept discrimination

denounce

join us!

The yellow billboard says

Jehovahs Witnesses

Discriminate ex-members

I cant make up the middle

under the blue writing it says

Social and crime rejection - GOD does not reject anyone

I also believe this is a great idea. The advantage with this kind of signs is that even those without internet access can see them, and that is the majority of people in countries like Brazil.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I just sent these comments to Sebastian Ramos in Brazil,,he was so encouraged. Here is his email,,I don't know what type of translation he has here, as his language is Portuguese, and there is much "lost in translation." But I get most of the gist.

Friends, I was thrilled to see so many expressions of support for our work of denunciation. Unfortunate that the dissent in other Brazilian states have not erragaçarem sleeves and went to fight, just as you do Ceará. But many are beginning to wake up after our public events, with mass distribution of texts and installation of billboards. I hope you also excute immediately, this action in the United States to serve as an example for all Europe. A word of advice: Do not fugam core issue: the disassociation discriminatory. This is the theme of the moment to mobilize society in general.Fraternally,

Sebastian Ramos\

• dgp
    dgp

For what this comment can be worth, I think that the way to moblize society in general is not the shunning against the disfellowshipped or disassociated. From outside, people could think that a relative shunning, say, his daughter, is simply angry because she left the "fold", and someone could think that, in the end, it's the parent who is shunning her, not the organization. People would think that, while the man is not a loving father, the ultimate responsibility is the person's, not the organization.

I believe that exposing the cover-ups would be a better idea. If people were to see that Watchtower where the young people are told that they "need to face the fact that they won't grow old in this system of things", which dates to 1969, that would move society in general. A big lie would be exposed and it would be impossible to deny their ever having said that. Or, think 1975. Or the overlapping generations. If you were to say that we worldlies are seen as "birdfeed", then that would certainly move people.

Nobody doubts that the shunning is an important issue. But, in the end, what could a government do if a parent were to say that he won't eat or share with his daughter because she left the fold? Could the Police actually force someone not to shun you? Even if it were possible to use the police to prevent the shunning, people would still see it as a threat against basic freedom: today they tell you that you must not shun someone, tomorrow they will tell you who you must love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit