The elders were told in my hall they can pick up their copy of the elders book tonight!

by life is to short 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

OK I know many of you will think I am strange but I tie in to the meeting on Tuesday night just for the announcements five minutes OK I might have to listen to just a tad bit of the song it truly is horrible.

OK so just like 10 minutes ago they announced that the elders can go to the PO or COBE after the meeting to get their new elders book. I was like seriously they just announced it. I was laughing so hard as it has been out on the internet for at least two weeks now and the elders in my hall are now just getting it. My die hard in the "truth" husband stayed home from the meeting tonight and I was on the computer while I was listening. My husband said what did they just say? I told him they just announced that the elder book was in, my husband just shook his head he was saying why did they not just have a short elders meeting and hand them out instead of announcing it like that. Well these are the elders who loooooove child molesters so who knows.

LITS

• Hadit
    Hadit

Interesting! What your husband said raises a question - did they used to announce these books from the platform before? He seemed to indicate from his comment that this used to be done privately in an elder's meeting. If that is the case I'm wondering why the change? Perhaps they are trying to make it not seem like it's a secret book?

Thoughts?

Hadit

• sabastious
    sabastious

Making it all dramatic. The congregations are going to be OOOHING and AHHHING.

Everybody feels special.

-Sab

• Hadit
    Hadit

They'll be ooohing and ahhing till a sister wants to help with the coil binding!

Welcome to special!

Hadit

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks Hadit

Yes they never announced it before, just call a quick elders meeting and hand out the book my husband said he was an elder for 32 years and a by the book sort of elder which is another story but I do not think it was supposed to be announced like that. I do not know as I have not been to a meeting in about six months. I think it is strange. Anyone else with thoughts on it or has it been announced like that in your halls. Do most of the rank and file know that there is a new elders book out?

LITS

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Are they stupid or somethin'? Then again the JW's are continually loosing their best and brightest because of iron-fisted policies that someone with more than half a brain simply can't live by. These guys are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier for sure...

V665V665

• VM44
    VM44

"...they announced that the elders can go to the PO or COBE after the meeting to get their new elders book."

Why the announcement?

What good is having a secret book if nobody knows that you have a secret book?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"They get a book of their own? When I grow up, I want to be an elder so I can read that book."

What a joke.

And really LITS, you need to learn how to let go. I mean, knowing about the elder book and who gets to clean the washrooms after the meeting and all that junk is just nothing- NOTHING. You are going to be happier when you reach that point of letting go.

• life is to short
    life is to short

OTWO

I know I know I need to move on. I am trying but it is hard not being so mad at everything, listening to the announcements really helps me to realize how nuts it all is. Being able to hear how puffed up these men are because they get to read a letter or such. I know I need to let it all go but I spent so much of my life in it and still having my husband there it is hard.

I hope to let it all go someday soon.

LITS

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Wait, did I read right, everybody knows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit