The elders were told in my hall they can pick up their copy of the elders book tonight!

by life is to short 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I always knew there was an elder book. I also always knew I wasn't allowed to read it.

They WTS didn't tell the elders to announce the book. It sounds like a lazy or over eager PO (or whatever they are calling them these days) asked for the announcement to be made.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well there goes the BIG SECRET

• Listener
    Listener

They know it's available on the internet and not so secret now so if they act cool and casual about it then when the others in the congregations here or see a copy they then think it is not a secret book because it was mentioned at a meeting. They are more likely to ask the elders about the book if they have any questions and the elders can say whatever they like without going into too much detail or showing them the book, in other words, they can play it down.

• billyboy
    billyboy

They shouldn't announce it like that (I never would have) , but lets be honest - most elders are really a bit thick. Simple as that.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I think it was done on purpose in that situation LITS. They want everyone to know that the elders got a new updated super secret book. That adds the uuuu aaaaa factor to R&F and a bit of mystery... mind games that's all it is.

Listener, I don't think many know that it's on the internet. The higher ups at brooklyn obviously know, but I know the elders in my cong I'm assigned to would flip if they found that out. We here on this board stay on top of the 'new light' and race along 'Jehovah's Chariot' much better than the hardcore believers.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

They should also have announced that if an elder missed that opportunity to take his book, he can find it in pdf format on any apostate site of his choosing.

• life is to short
    life is to short

DagothUr

I loved you said. That would have been great.

LITS

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Why are us apostates getting this new direction, classified direction too, before the elders?

• mouthy
    mouthy

LITS How is Hubby doing? do you think he is beginning to see the flaws?

Thanks for letting us know what went on at the "holy place"

glad to know your FREE from all that tripe

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks mouthy

Hubby was blown away, just one chip at a time I wish it would just cave in but no hubby is still hanging on. Hopefully his love for the religion will go someday soon.

Thanks again for your caring

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit