Finally the FDS tells us why they made the new song book.

by life is to short 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• life is to short
    life is to short

The Dec 15 th WT finally tells us why the new song book. Who would think it was new light that made them have to change there book but here it is.

Paragraph 15 says "As times passes, refinements are made in our understanding of the Sciptures. Proverbs 4:18 says: "The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established." Increased light inevitably leads to adjustments in the way in which we 'sing the truth.' For the past 25 years, Jehovah's Witnesses in many lands have enjoyed using the songbook entitled Sing Praises to Jehovah.* In the years since that book was first published, the light has been getting brighter on a number of topics, and some of the expression used in that songbook have become outdated. For example, we no longer speak of "the new order" but of "the new world." And we now state that Jehovah's name will be "sanctified," not "vindicated." Clearly, from a doctrinal standpoint, there has been a need to bring our songbook up-to-date.

Paragraph 16 says For that and other reasons, the Governing Body approved the publication of a new songbook entitled Sing to Jehovah. The number of songs in our new book has been reduced to 135. Because there are fewer songs to lean, it should be possible to for us to memorize the lyrics of at least some of the new songs. This is in harmony with Paul's counsel recorded at Ephesians 5:19.

Who knew it was new light that gave us the new songbook. Hey wait Jehovah's word goes out of date. The Bible has a shelf life who would know. Thank God we have the FDS to help us!

I do not know why I decided to listen to this WT I really feel sick. The more my eyes are open to how this is a cult it makes me so sick to know I was part of it.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Sorry about the miss spelling again. I thought I had spell checked.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Thanks LITS!

This is in harmony with Paul's counsel recorded at Ephesians 5:19.

Paul's counsel? Now they counsel ones to sing? Singing is something spontaneous and joyful! Not something you do because you are counseled! They take the joy out of everything. TOTALITARIAN!

Yes and memorize those songs! Get that mind control firmly entrenched in your brain.

Hadit

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Duh! Didn't you know that when everyone sang after the Israelites crossed Red Sea that Moses handed out song books to all the people there and he told them to memorize it during family worship?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

light getting brighter on a number of topics!

more like darker!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good point about the Bible. The NWT is like more than 50 years old. Maybe it's time for the New New World Translation.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Actually this comment was taken directly from the announcment made at the DC when the book was initially announced. What I thought was interesting was the statement "For this and other reasons, the GB approved the new song book"

• Listener
    Listener

My guess is that not many liked the old songbook. So give the crowd what they want.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

This was actually told in the very assembly when publishing the at that time forthcoming songbook was announced. If I recall right those words in the article were very much the ones used in that speech/presentation. After that we were "priviledged" to listen couple of songs from the new book, with some groovy choir singing.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Sorry brotherdan you mentioned it already, but to confirm it then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit