Finally the FDS tells us why they made the new song book.

by life is to short 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cult classic
    cult classic

with some groovy choir singing.

LOL CP ! and welcome!

Those songs stink!

• Ding
    Ding

OTWO,

The speed with which the WTS changes "light" they ought to just write a NWT in binder form so they can send out "retranslation" page changes once a month.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Your right broDan other reasons, the GB approved the new song book" That is what I was wondering what other reasons.

LITS

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think the "other" reason was to focus more on the "Faithful Slave" and remove most referrences to Jesus. That's just my opinion.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

This is in harmony with Paul's counsel recorded at Ephesians 5:19.

Paul's counsel? Now they counsel ones to sing?

Not just sing, but *memorize*!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Paragraph 16 says For that and other reasons, the Governing Body approved the publication of a new songbook entitled Sing to Jehovah.

The Title should read "Singing to a 14th Century Catholic Translation Mistake"..

The number of songs in our new book has been reduced to 135. Because there are fewer songs to learn,
    it should be possible to for us to memorize the lyrics of at least some of the new songs.
    This is in harmony with Paul's counsel recorded at Ephesians 5:19.

The word Harmony should never be used when Describing WBT$ Music..

And..

Where does Paul say you should Memorise WBT$ Noise..

Ephesians 5:19 is about songs and hymns..

Not memorising WBT$ Noise..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• rocketman
    rocketman

The problem is that this religion has its own peculiar "language", hence the feel the need to update it. Frankly, I'm not sure where they got the term "New Order" in the first place, since, to my knowledge, no such term appears in the Bible, even in their old green NWT. I remember the term being used extensively during the 60s and 70s especially.

• Terry
    Terry

Things which are facts do not contradict other things which are facts.

What is true is not dissonant.

Change indicates something OTHER than established truth from a higher source.

NEW LIGHT is always a reminder that Jehovah's Witnesses speak FROM THEIR OWN ASSHOLES rather than channeling from on high!

Otherwise, change would not be necessary!

The governing of the Governing Body consists of sweeping up after themselves and convincing you they never made a mess in the first place.

When Jehovah gave His Law to Moses and Israel how many corrections were made as adjustments ever afterward?

The RUSSELL oracle gave way to his wife's idea of the FDS.

Rutherford converted the FDS swindle into a power grab.

When the Watchtower organization realized Fred Franz was going to shipwreck their flimsy credibility with 1975 they wrested control away from his buddy, Nathan Knorr and spread the power into a GOVERNING body with Franz as a temporary figurehead.

Today the GOVERNING BODY has all but replaced the mythos of FDS.

Changes, changes, changes-----always sweeping up the broken pieces!

The Song Book is but another red flag of just how mistaken, wrong-headed and deliberately willful the Watchtower cult is interpreting crazy thinking into TRUTH and deconstructing its errors while calling it NEW light.

• looloo
    looloo

I wonder if 'make the truth your own' is still there, i remember that one well.

Quite ironic the way they call it 'the truth'.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I wonder if 'make the truth your own' is still there, i remember that one well.

Song 64 in the new book, With I think, some words changed

Why the change? partly I think to keep 'em on their toes. Everyone just sings by rote, hardly noticing the words so they change it from time to time so they take notice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit