When God breaks his own laws

by Nickolas 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Nick, I think you'd have to ask Him that question :) Because we can only speculate whether He limits himself by the physical laws He has created. I don't personally think he IS limited by them.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Actually, thinking about this, I think I should add that God probably has a bit better understanding of the laws of the universe than we do. We're still learning. What we might believe to be outside the laws of the universe right now, could in ten, fifty, five hundred years be proven to be INSIDE those laws.

Tammy

• The Finger
    The Finger

maybe he just altered their powers of perception

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

My bachelor's degree is in science, so I tend to hammer away from the scientific perspective, but I also perceive a fundamental religious disconnect. The fly in the ointment is immutability, both from the standpoint of immutable physical laws and the immutability of God who created them.

The notion of laws within laws is not necessarily invalid, but the notion of laws within laws that negate one another without consequences (which is what would be required to, for example, stop the rotation of the earth) is more than a little problematic. It is not possible outside of the realm of imagination and fantasy. A comparative parallel might be drawn between the theoretical existence of matter and antimatter, the combination of which necessarily involves annihilation, a variation of which would also be the outcome when fundamental physical laws are in collision. And if God, who must be by definition immutable, can negate the immutability of laws He set up, then He is not immutable - which is, again, not possible unless one says that God can be both immutable and not immutable if He wants to be, because He can do whatever He wants.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

maybe he just altered their powers of perception

Perceiving what is not really there is more commonly categorised as hallucination. If God caused the Israelites and Amorites to hallucinate then everything they saw or believed (and wrote down for the benefit of the rest of us) was also an hallucination. Not real.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Is anything more than an electrical impulse in your brain?

Maybe your just a figment of someone's imagination

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You only have to stick a needle in your eye to answer that question, Finger.

• The Finger
    The Finger

That's just your senses, your senses can be fooled

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Well, just in case, I advise you not to stick a needle in your eye to test your theory, just in case it's all fluff.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Have you ever been really reeally scared in a dream. But it's not real.

Have you ever been in a dream and thought it was real and imagined things. In a dream. Have you met people and talked not knowing what they would say? They are just dreams.

I think it was Paul made some comment about this not being the real life.

You have an imagination given by God what do you think he has.

Prove that i'm not a figment of God's imagination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit