"Do We Have to Jump From the Watchtower’s Frying Pan into Hellfire?"

by leavingwt 53 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry, but this is a nonsense scenario (in my experience anyway)

" Do we have to jump from the Watchtower’s frying pan into Christendom’s eternal hellfire? In essence, this is a question I’m often asked by those who are having doubts and those who have already left the Organization . "

I have never met a person who actually believed in hellfire. Common sense and reasoning tells us that it is just not a believable doctrine. When one leaves the WTS you do have to re evaluate a lot of beliefs, but this one is surely not on the menu

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I have never met a person who actually believed in hellfire.

There are quite a few, right here on this forum. Or, are you speaking of a face-to-face meeting with someone who believes in Hell?

• designs
    designs

We have a Baptist man in town who hands out Tracts on Hell Fire (Jesus or Else) in front of the Bank of America.

Should I get his email .......

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Deputy Dog believes in eternal punishment by a wrathful God. Moreover, he believes that Hell could be worse than literal flames for eternity. Hopefully he'll post on this thread and correct me if I have spoken in error.

• onemore
    onemore

Ding you have a PM

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Common sense and reasoning tells us that it is just not a believable doctrine. When one leaves the WTS you do have to re evaluate a lot of beliefs, but this one is surely not on the menu.

Very well put.

Think About It

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

BTW I don't believe in hell myself, but this was a good article explaining how interpretations vary and change in religion over the centuries.

Randy

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

Deputy Dog believes in eternal punishment by a wrathful God. Moreover, he believes that Hell could be worse than literal flames for eternity. Hopefully he'll post on this thread and correct me if I have spoken in error.

How anyone can say they believe in the Bible and not believe in hell (eternal punishment) and God's Wrath is beyond me.

The attempt to discredit or do away with the existence of hell is the whole reason Russell started the JW cult. I would also suggest to you, that it is one of, if not the most popular reason most people join them.

• Ding
    Ding

<< BTW I don't believe in hell myself, but this was a good article explaining how interpretations vary and change in religion over the centuries. >>

What do you believe, Randy?

If you don't want to go into a long discourse here, can you provide a short answer or a link to something you've already published on it?

• OBVES
    OBVES

On this one doctrine we can refute most religions of the world .And that means almost all beliving people in God or some other deities are dead wrong .

No one like Harold Camping of the Family Radio Stations ( http://www.familyradio.com ) had taught literal hell so convincingly !

he had taught it for almost 50 years on his fascinating Open Forum program and when he began teaching about the year 2011 AD as the year of Jesus' return and rapture he was still teaching this cruel unbiblical doctrine of hell .

Now he teaches otherwise which Jehovah's Witnesses has been teaching for decades.

Sould that sins it shal die - Ezekiel 18.4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit