by leavingwt 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"23 Minutes in Hell - Presented in 76 Minutes!"

WTF?

• designs
    designs

Mad-

Don't expect Stephen to engage you on the merits of the videos, he's taken the Jesus position of 'silence of the lamb before his persecutors'. We are labeled Enemies of the Cross, seriously.

Honestly he and David Splane should be roomies, imagine the conversations 'I'm god, no I'm god'............Believers delusion

• Ding
    Ding

Designs,

<< Now how can someone be cut off from God when God is suppose to be Everywhere, unless you want 'everywhere' to take on a new meaning. >>

Although no comparison is perfect, I would make the analogy to Brotherdan being cut off from his wife right now.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

God has no need for wrath. Wrath is not a fundamental quality of God. Wrath is a sin. We are not "sinners in the hands of an angry God."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins#Wrath

God is infinite, and so we speak of him in human metaphors.

BTS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree, Burn. Also, there is a good deal of confusion about what the metaphors even mean because some people are deists, some are panentheists, others are pantheists and still others are theists. Worse, most people don't even know what those words mean, let alone which one of those systems of belief they subscribe to.

I didn't know what they meant until recently and I don't even know whether I'm a panentheist or pantheist. I know I believe in immanence but I am unsure about transcendence.

• debator
    debator

Hi Ding

There is no point proof-texting the hellfire doctrine into the Bible. It simply isn't there. It is read into extremely figurative passages from the Bible namely Revelation.

Fire itself is used to denote total destruction biblically, simply annihiliation.

Hense why we also have Revelation talking about hades and death going into the fire.

Once Revelation uses fire figuratively/metaphorically then to make it literal is less than honest.

This is an opportunity to clearly see what happens when supposition is read into the Bible rather than what is simply there.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Luke 24 says differently Ren/Bator.

Hell/hades is not the final destination..Gehenna is.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    and I don't even know whether I'm a panentheist or pantheist. I know I believe in immanence but I am unsure about transcendence.

I think I am a panentheist, because I believe there is immanence as well as transcendence.

BTS

• Ding
    Ding

Even the NWT uses "torment" in Rev. 20:10, also used by Jesus in his account of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16.

It says it will last forever.

Of course, it can't mean what it says because we find the idea repulsive.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ding, and it contradicts the rest of the Bible, ummm I mean WT theology!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit