Who can I count on during the tribulation?

by GrandmaJones 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

*I'm sorry, Grandma, don't mean to hijack....*

WB, I appreciate the sentiment but this guy's non-christ-like traits are much more plentiful than the others. Unfortunately, personal experience can expose even an insensitive guy's empathy. Seriously, who wouldn't be moved by Grandma?? Even her screen name makes me think of, well, my grandma.

As far as qualifications for being a christian, well, I lost faith in the bible a couple years after losing faith in the WT. I still admire much of how Jesus was portrayed in the NT but my lack of faith in the bible itself (among other things) prevents me from putting any faith in him as a deity. (Right now, trying to personally determine if it's possible to be a decent person without any hope for reward or fear of punishment. We'll see. )

*we now return you to your regularly scheduled program...*

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

GJ I can empathise with how you feel...so many years living on that almost 'superficial' level wasnt good for any of us.

Loz x

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know I can count on them--to make day to day life miserable.

• Inkie
    Inkie

GJ: You asked:

“Who can I count on during the tribulation?”

While I totally “get” everything you wrote, the ANSWER to your first question is found in John 14:1. It is “they” who will safeguard you, even if everyone else fails you. Note also what our Lord stated at Luke 21:28:

“But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.” (Emphasis mine.)

I hope that answers for you your original question such that you do not have to worry. Our Lord did say not to worry, didn't he?

--Inkie

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

You guys are the best. I officially adopt you all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit