Who can I count on during the tribulation?

by GrandmaJones 24 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Tonight it occurred to me that I really don't have any friends. I have people I am acquainted with, people who I really only know slightly. In the past few weeks, I know more about Lady Lee, Brotherdan, Leolaia (even if I can't spell it!) Outlaw, etc, etc. I know who has a sense of humor, who had a terrible marriage, who is hurting, worried, in pain.

I don't know anyone from the hall. If they were married before, I don't know what happened, or what the names of their children are by the first wife. Are they sick? Afraid? Lonely? We only talk about our comments at the meeting, field service experiences, the next assembly. It is very superficial. No one there even knows me. Are these the people I was supposed to count on during the tribulation? Goodness, we never even talk on the phone except to "make arrangements". What was I thinking? How did I convince myself this was even possible? How can a roomful of people believe for a moment that this room of virtual strangers are going to be persons to count on in life and death situations.

This weekend I pointed out to Brotherdan that over fifteen hundred views were made, watching and worrying for him. I have missed meetings for the last six weeks, and no one even called. It is very sad, itsn't it?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    We only talk about our comments at the meeting, field service experiences, the next assembly. It is very superficial.

I remember cringing at a meeting where a KM article talked about "what we talk about after the meetings."

Talk about behaviour control!

Btw, I agree with you GJ, this place trumps any kingdom hall.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Though I wouldn't put my life in Minimus' hands.

-Sab

• wasblind
    wasblind

what a great post GrandmaJones,

that is something to think about

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Ha,ha, that would be another good Minimus thread..... Would you put your life in Minimus' hands?

• laverite
    laverite

Or I Alice in wonderland's hands either sab. Grandma jones your point is so accurate. I was thinking about this topic earlier! So true. So true.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I realized when I crashed into depression that most people on the inside weren't really my friends to begin with, which sank me even further. I'm glad you're grasping this profound truth as well, GrandmaJones. I find it hard to believe that anyone here on JWN still thinks that anyone on the inside are still friends. It's all a lie...

V665V665

• mamalove
    mamalove

There are some good people at the KH, they are still blinded. Hopefully they get out and see the light and can help support others. I do not feel super close to anyone on this board at this time, but I do feel a certain kinship. Strength in numbers!

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I find it hard to believe that anyone here on JWN still thinks that anyone on the inside are still friends. It's all a lie..."

That is so true Vamp

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

i woud not be too worried about any of their prophecies coming true, their track record sucks.

i have seen family turn on me like an animal, i have also witnessed acts of kindness given to me by complete strangers, i guess i will have to wait and see

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit