Did born-in's have the capacity to "test their faith"?

by sabastious 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

So how do you like THOSE contradictory musings of mine?

I do.

I find nothing contradictory in them. Not everyone is called at the same time or in the same way.

And that goes on in my head ever day.

Don't worry, it will calm down!

BTW, there is no grace in the law.

Hebrews 10:28 (New International Version © 2010)

28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

John 1:17 (New International Version © 2010)

17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Galatians 5:4 (New International Version © 2010)

4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

It is either the law or grace (which is indeed above the law), judgment or mercy, the second death or new life.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Not everyone is called at the same time or in the same way.

And not everyone is called at all, right? Why not her?!? She's such a good person, and all I've done is help to solidify her stance. I did more to keep her there than to help draw her away.

• Chalam
    Chalam

She's such a good person, and all I've done is help to solidify her stance.

Isaiah 64:6 (New International Version © 2010)

6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
    and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
    we all shrivel up like a leaf,
    and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Mark 10:18 (New International Version © 2010)

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

Ephesians 2:8 (New International Version © 2010)

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

I did more to keep her there than to help draw her away.

You need to probably need to keep quiet most of the time unless the Spirit prompts you. He will open up her ears and the discussion at the right time. Let Him lead, you follow! He knows what He is doing :)

Be like Jesus, keep your mouth shut when you are being falsely accused

Isaiah 53:7 (New International Version © 2010)

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,

yet he did not open his mouth;
    he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
    and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
    so he did not open his mouth.

Matthew 26:62-63 (New International Version © 2010)

62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

Let you life be a living testimony to Christ. Actions speak louder than words...

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• Ding
    Ding

A lot of born-ins do come out.

Some are just waiting until they reach adulthood to get free.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Yup, I was "born in" and tested. I failed the jw test and got myself df'd, but still have plenty of faith! Faith is not something the jw elders can destroy, as hard as they may try.

Love,

ESTEE

• cult classic
    cult classic

Good question Sab. And for most born-ins the answer is no because the meaning of that phrase is twisted for the born-in.

Testing whether you are in the faith for a JW kid means doing everything mommy and daddy tell you, and that WT tells you, and that the congregation and the elders tell you. If you are doing those things then you are "solid in the faith" and pass their stupid test.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit