Keep Your Family, Follow Ray Franz' Example. Think Smart!

by believingxjw 33 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

I feel terrible for those who have lost their families. After reading COC, and after the shock of it, many of us hurried to leave and hurried to get our families out only to find ourselves on the outs with our loved ones. But is that the best or only option? If so then many will lose their families.

For those who are now reading COC and for those lurking, please consider this; Ray Franz did not immediately leave when he knew the Society was doing wrong or when he disagreed with them. In fact, even after being put out of Bethel he continued attending meetings to the point that the local elders in the congregation he was attending were considering making him an elder! Consider this; he knew first hand what we only read about and yet he did not disassociate!

Today many JWs who read his books disassociate or inform their spouses of what they've learned. Then, their whole world comes apart and for what? To stand on principle? Ray did not for some years. And he did not have children and a spouse still in, did he. COC is so moving and so revealing that our hearts impel us to stand on principle and leave but is that really the wise move? If we have family still in and if we want to keep our family intact why not consider that Ray did not leave immediately even though he experienced all the problems in the Org, for himself. He put other things first. So should we. If we can, we should put our families first and bide our time in order to help them out our way and avoid the Organizations playbook.

Think smart.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Good advice, but I know how hard it is to stay quiet when you are burning with the indignation and disgust of the WT. There have been times in this past year, (and particularly in this past few weeks) where it takes everything I've got to keep my mouth shut. I want to scream. I am controlling myself well so far....I know a lot is at stake. It is so frustrating.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

GramdmaJones,

Yes, it is very frustrating but the reward of keeping our family intact and to get them out on our terms and not the Organization's is so important!

I salute your efforts! Keep your family with you and you with them. When we do the Governing Body loses every time!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Each man is different.

When I was trying to fade, I was a teenager and we were reading Hamlet. I remember reading these words OVER & OVER and not paying any attention to the entire English class.

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Skeeter

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Skeeter1, yes every man is different. But for those who have children and spouses in the Watchtower there is much to lose. I'm so happy you escaped before having to make those kinds of decisions.

• moshe
    moshe

For some people, I have come to the conclusion it would be better for them to keep quiet about their new anti-WT beliefs. Live the life their JW spouse and family want them to live, subvert their desires for their individual life and opinions, kiss up to the elders, turn in fake field service, stay off of apostate Internet websites, keep quiet when the kids are pushed to get baptised and temporary pioneer. Keep quiet when they are encouraged to apply to Bethel, keep quiet when they want to rush into a young marriage with a JW they barely know, who comes from a good JW family of window washers. Yes, wear that doormat badge with pride, it's the smart thing to do. Be patient, it might take 10,20,30 years to get your family out, unless you had a diehard JW family that will never leave the KH.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear BXJW... and peace to you! Please pardon if the following offends (I do not intend it to, but it might, depending on where one is with one's faith) but:

If we have family still in and if we want to keep our family intact why not consider that Ray did not leave immediately even though he experienced all the problems in the Org, for himself. He put other things first. So should we.

I understand what you are saying and why. I am not so sure, however, that this advice is for everyone, particularly those for whom the following words have meaning:

"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his stake and follow me is not worthy of me."

I realize that many here, perhaps even most, have had their faith utterly shipwrecked and that really isn't surprising. It is one of the reasons why the WTBTS exists, actually, and is more reprehensible than the other so-called "christian" religions: by means of her false christs and false prophets (and thus, false teachings and false prophesies) "she" has done her job even better than the other harlots. SHE... has misled MANY... not to just fall away, but to literally "curse God", some even openly and publicly (as sometimes evidenced here). EVEN some who would have been among the chosen ones.

If we can, we should put our families first and bide our time in order to help them out our way and avoid the Organizations playbook.

Or... we can give them another "option" besides NO God at all, which is what most of them fear. WE... can cultivate a relationship with the REAL Truth... so that WE become a "witness" of him to THEM... and in doing so shame the WTBTS... and its "master"... the Devil.

Or... we can do exactly what her "kings" SAY we will do when we leave her: fall away from God altogether. Because, of course, THEY are the only "way". Or ARE they?

Think smart.

Yes, please... do. Because utterly shipwrecking another's faith... is a very serious matter. True, they might come out of that harlot... but without knowing who to go away TO many of them will be utterly lost. Indeed:

"Whoever finds his life will lose it..."

How so? Not all will be able to embrace the idea that there is NO God... for not all will be able to stand away from the Truth, no matter what "arguments" those who have NO faith may present... or how. However:

"... whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Family IS important, do not mistake me; however, leading those who ARE conscious of their spiritual need... AWAY from God... is what the WTBTS is literally doing. They "shut up the kindgdom of the heavens before men" under the guise of having the "truth" and being some kind of "faithful and discreet slave"... both of which are utter lies. Leading family out of her... but also away from God... is exactly the same thing. MANY who are there really are looking for the "truth," and since these say THEY are "it"... cannot yet fathom anywhere else to go. What they don't KNOW... what that harlot isn't telling them... and what those who've had THEIR faith shipwrecked CAN'T tell them... is that is no "where" to go away to, but only "whom."

Again, I understand how staying might seem to "help" them... but the truth is that it is only "helping" the person who would otherwise leave... and then only on the surface. Such one doesn't want to experience the "torture" that following Christ is SURE to bring under such circumstances and so he/she rationalizes a way to avoid it. But such avoidance usually only leads to avoiding much more: a relationship with God, through Christ. Because one has to "dull" their hearing... both as to what the WTBTS teaches... AND to what the Holy Spirit teaches. Their "hearing" must be turned "off." And so... they hear... nothing.

Of course, it is absolutely up to each one how s/he will handle such a matter. I am not trying to be anyone's conscience. I am only sharing the truth of this matter. I don't suspect too many will hear/see the truth, and while that does sadden me, I know it really is not my concern. I am not here to "knock on doors," but to work out my own salvation and perhaps that of MY household. To that extent, I am sharing it because it is what I would want someone to do for me. Whether I choose to hear... or refrain. At least, they tried.

Again, I bid you peace... and ears to hear... when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU:

"Come! All you who are thirsting and wishing... Come, take 'life's water'... FREE!"

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Moshe,

You like sarcasm do you? Black and white suits you? People have to deal with their own circumstances. To denigrate someones choice is small minded. You don't live another's life, they do! Grow.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

SA,

This thread is only to point out an option, one which Ray Franz himself took.

May I ask? Are you disassociated or disfellowshipped? If so, has your family also left the Organization? Is your family intact today? If so, how did you accomplish this?

• moshe
    moshe

This forum can provide opinions and options, then you get to choose your poison . Like I said, for some it is a better choice to keep quiet as they can't handle the alternative. I have told some faders to keep quiet. as it was obvious they had no exit strategy or ability to survive without the economic support of their JW family or spouse. The keeping quiet option is not without serious long term drawbacks and that was what I was trying to say. I meant no individual disrespect. It's a mean-spirited religion we're dealing with and I shouldn't have added to that burden tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit