Marital Due and the KS

by yknot 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oh. So djeggnog is some sort of...JW? Uh...yeah. This is not a place JWs should be visiting. So...I'm just going to let my words stand as they were and not bother saying anything further in response. Any JW who comes here to debate people is in clear violation of the instructions the "slave" class has given about this. So if you're here to debate with 'apostates', you should not be. But it's all...hey, I could probably write verbatim everything you could (or should) possibly say myself, so...why would I bother?

And by the way, Hebrews 6:1, 2 talks about repentance from dead works. In order to display repentance, you have to first recognize that you're a sinner, which I believe was the point someone was making. So...recognizing you're a sinner is the foundation of Christianity, it's an integral part of the path to becoming a Christian. I think that's something every Christian can agree on. Why would there be a debate about that? You can't repent if you don't see yourself as a sinner. And then Hebrews 6:1, 2 has a lot less meaning, because you're not taking the basic steps to Christian faith.

I just had to throw that out there, but that's all I can say. I'm done.

-sd-7

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Here is my 2 cents with a wife who is still in.

She says, "I can't be intimate with someone who doesn't love Jehovah."

I never said this but I thought it, Well what was the problem when I was in the borg?

I attribute it to what was said in some of these long posts.

The WTBTS puts sex in a bad light then calls it due like it is obligatory pay.

That adds to the defamation of sex. A person who had a problem with it becomes obsessed with their problem and just shuts down in that area opting not to worry about it.

The spouse, if they really care about their mate goes along with it HOPING things change.

Then one day the spouse with the intimacy problem just up and says I don't love you anymore.

Well of course you don't love me cause you won't talk to me and we don't share openness because of the resentment that we harbor for each other.

Yes, being in the WTBTS is certainly a healthy way to live.

Keep in mind to that you can't try each other out or if you were married a virgin you have no idea what you will like or not like. Then you marry someone because they are the only ones available in a small pool of individuals in your 10 county area.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I apologize for playing a part in hijacking this thread.

Then stop hijacking it and start your own topic.

This is a very important issue especially to those who are now living with it or have in the past

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Scully:

Please try to keep on topic.

Ok. Please let me know in my future posts as well whenever it is you notice I've diverted from the topic started by @yknot as to why it is that a discussion of the marital due didn't make the cut, so to speak, in the new textbook. I do appreciate that you're willing to do this for me.

@sd-7:

Um...I'm not sure if my post was misunderstood. I should probably clear it up, then. My concern was that my wife claimed illness, but was never clear on what sort of illness, and she doesn't have any diseases or anything, and we were very sexually active for several months, then she suddenly stopped for awhile. I was confused and trying to figure out, well, is this something new, or was it always there? I would be very wrong to condemn her or blame her if she was legitimately sick or if it legitimately made her uncomfortable. I would never want her to feel guilty about that, because if it's a health reason why she can't do it, I totally understand and would never, ever justify adultery on that basis or any basis.

I believe most of the people here may have understood your post just fine. But what I did understand is what I stated I didn't comprehend. You wrote:

My wife saw [that QfR article] on my computer screen and went pretty ballistic, thought I was suggesting that I should have the green light for adultery because she'd been holding out for awhile, apparently due to a months-long illness that she never sought treatment for.

Where exactly in this particular QfR article [w73 6/1, p. 352] does it suggest that adultery is permissible under any circumstance? Not only did you take such an idea away from your having read this article, but you specifically indicated that this is also what your wife concluded from seeing this article on your computer screen, so my question is what you did read in this QfR article that led to you and your wife forming this conclusion? I don't see place for such reasoning in this article.

In @Scully's post, the following was quoted from this article:

"The innocent mate may even have contributed toward the unfaithfulness of his or her marriage partner. If, for example, the wife has deliberately deprived her husband of the marital due, she bears a certain responsibility for what has happened. She is not altogether without blame from God’s standpoint," and a reference to 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 was also cited.

If this is the particular quote that you and your wife read that caused both of "you guys" to conclude that this somehow gives short shrift to God's command forbidding adultery, I don't see where this quote provides a single excuse to anyone. Please respond.

I believe adultery to be wrong. Withholding does not give someone the right to cheat, in my opinion, but I don't judge anyone who makes that choice, because we're none of us free from sin.

Well, that's where you and I differ, let's forget about adultery, since, not in the Middle East, but here in the Western world, only some religious folks believe fornication and adultery to be serious sins (Catholics often seek absolution from their priests during the week before hooking up that weekend!), and let me ask you what your opinion is of armed robbery.

Now because "none of us [are] free from sin" that even though you believe stealing to be wrong, and murder to be wrong -- note I'm assuming in my long question here that you are against theft and murder -- would you judge those people that would walk into a liquor store or a bank and steal money at gunpoint, maybe killing one or two scared people in the process, who should make this choice? I'm not telling you how to answer my question, but a "yes" or "no" would be fine.

I saved that '73 WT quote, and we agreed on this, because it points out how serious these matters can be.

Again, you and your wife agreed on what now? That this QfR article gives short shrift to God's command forbidding adultery, or what?

I think maybe therapy might be a good way for couples to talk about issues like this if they can't be open with each other. But I don't think the elders are equipped to help with that, nor do I think they should be entitled to information about someone's medical information.

I think therapy might be a way that might help some couples with many of the issues that arise during their marriage, since some couples have had to get past sexual abuse that they thought was no big deal and forgotten until they got married, only to learn that the reason why their wives do not enjoy sex is due to vaginal cuts (tears) on or near the perineum, and some have opined (I cannot prove this though) that the discovery of lichens sclerosis in damaged or scarred skin on or near the vagina can be traced back to either toying with sex during one's youth or untreated vaginal tearing as the result of rape or incest during one's childhood.

While uncircumcised males affected by lichens sclerosis are often cured by the removal of the foreskin, surgery doesn't cure these patches in women, and often the result is that husbands wrongly conclude that their wives are deliberately refusing to have sex with them. Ruptures and cuts in the flesh due to anal fissures (sphincter tears) after a hard stool may also make intercourse undesirable for woman.

However, I do agree with you that the reasons for a wife's lack of sexual desire are not going to be something that a congregation elder will be equipped to handle as most are neither gynecologists (OB/GYNs) nor are they therapists, but what they should be doing is referring such matters out to trained medical professionals. An elder's wife could be brought in to help since if she doesn't have personal knowledge, she might have had some experience helping other women with similar issues. Hopefully, with this, I've strayed too far off topic again.

If they won't inform people in the congregation about child molesters, then it serves no purpose for them to know any other sensitive information, since it's never about protecting the flock.

What do you mean? From where are you getting this? It's hardly the case that brothers that are known to have been guilty of child molestation are even found attending meetings in the local congregation, but whenever any of them are known to be in attendance, the elders watch them the entire time, and I mean those brothers "in good standing" are constantly being monitored by the elders. It is about protecting the flock since these brothers are marked for life, that is, until the new system arrives.

@miseryloveselders:

No, you're mistaken. One doesn't necessarily grieve the holy spirit when he or she commits a sin. Recall that at 1 John 2:1, 2, the apostle John wrote:

I think you missed you missed the word "practice" in my post. Had you noticed that, you would see that I'm right, and that you actually posted points that agree with my post. It would have saved you from doing all that typing anyways.

I don't believe I missed the word "practice" in any of your posts, because this word wasn't used in any of them. Don't think there to be any need on your part to save me from what things I might type, ok? I'd rather you do what things the Bible indicates you need to do to save your life.

@djeggnog wrote:

Do you know why you have such disdain for the "brotha"?You sound to me like a "sistah" rolling over the "brotha" because of envy. I say because I cannot remember whites speaking this way, so, to use the vernacular, why are you hatin' on the brotha like this? Why do you zero in like this on the "brotha" and not on one of the whites? What exactly did the brotha do to you? Maybe I'm asking the wrong question here: Do you hate these "old men" that comprise the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses with a special hatred for this "fake" brotha because you think he's perpetuatin' and not a real brotha, because a real brotha would never be a member of the Governing Body?

@miseryloveselders wrote:

Now this interesting. A real gem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I had a feeling you have a tan.

I have "a tan"? The difference between your worldview and mine is that you see things in black, brown and white, but, as I see it, first, there is no black-brown divide, only Latino envy, and second, brown is the new white so better get used to it, ese. Actually, I didn't know you knew his name because, before, you called Herd a "token brotha" and, homegirl, I can feel you, but is this thread about your racial views? Is it?

Recently, I read something that is pertinent here: "Hay Gonzalez blanco, Hay Gonzalez negro, cada quien tiene, tiene del otro su poquitico." This means that "there are white Gonzalezes, there are black Gonzalezes, and everyone has a bit of the other. Now that's real.

My instincts were going off. What really has my interest [piqued] though is that you seem to have caught offense over me dissing Brotha Herd. You know him personally or something? Because for someone concerned about me "sounding like a sistah rolling over the brotha because of envy", you sure come off like one of those fellas that grab their wife or girlfriend real close when guys like me step in the room.

No, sistah girl. It's not like that. I was flossing over your concern with tokenism, which I think is code for racism. I think you're confusing your bigotry regarding folks as black as you with instincts, and these aren't the same thing, believe me. Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying you have to like the man, 'cause you don't have to, but you did a complete 180° from our talking about "the very foundation of Christianity is acknowledging that we're sinners whether it be in thought, word, or action" to anti-black rhetoric. You came out nowhere with this, and I really couldn't tell if you were thinking the man was a cabron or what since we're talking about adultery in this thread.

Since your one of my own, you're probably familiar with the phrase, "handcuffing em." I'm sure glad you're concerned enough about Brotha Herd to protect his reputation from brothas like me on the internet. What would he do without guys like you? The same thing he was doing before you decided to handcuff him, Captain Save-Em. Now Captain Save-Em, if you can't see the irony of that picture, well there's not much you and I can discuss....brotha. To be fair, maybe I'm being overly harsh on Brotha Herd. Maybe he's more of Jackie Robinson, as opposed to a JC Watts.

Wow! Jackie Robinson and JC Watts are also black. You don't mind putting it out there what you are, and I think I like you for that. I think "closet" racists are dangerous people, you know what I mean? I think they should not be in there, but should come out and proud of who and what they are.

@djeggnog wrote:

Who are you? You are a spiritual sister of mine that has lost her way, someone that I'm trying to encourage that you might get back on the Way. (John 14:6) My words here could be the ones that you will recall my saying to you by the time that the revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ begins, and my hope is that you will have gotten past your anger against Jehovah and that you will also have gotten past what seems to me to be self-hatred and will have come back to Jehovah when that revelation begins. (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9)

Captain, I didn't know you were also a Spiritual Psychiatrist. Thank you for diagnosing my problem. However, I think I'll seek a second opinion.

I am a spiritual physician, since you asked (sort of).

Since you felt so obligated to psychoanalyze me, allow me to scratch your back! You state you are an old man that happens to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and that you've been proclaiming and teaching others about the Kingdom. I tip my hat to ya fella. However I'm not so sure of what you claim sir. The reason is, if you truly are a no-blood card carrying Jehovah's Witness, who truly believes this is God's organization, and also truly believes the GB are God's chosen representatives on this mudball of a planet, then let me ask you a question. Why are you here?

Excuse me while I lose my Puerto Rican accent here. (BTW, "sistah," I'm not Puerto Rican either.) I am interested in helping folks that have severed their relationship with God's organization to return to Jehovah. I know the reasons for their leaving are many, but if anyone here wants to talk to me about their doing that, I can help them. Not you, mind you, but the lurkers. Apparently you think you know more about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe than I do, but maybe after reading the article, "Maintaining a Balanced Viewpoint Toward Disfellowshipped Ones" [w74 8/1 paragraphs 24-26, pp. 472, 473], you'll discover that you're ignorant about a few things that we believe. I would invite you to read the article. BTW, you're off-topic.

You've painstakingly taken the time to show myself and others on this forum the error of our ways. By you doing that, you brazenly go against the directives of God's chosen representatives. (Heb 13:17) Or do you get a pass from this directive for some reason unbeknownst to us?

I need no such "pass." It is you that have read articles in WTS publications and thought you understood what they were saying, just as I pointed out to you about the QfR article that you totally misunderstood. What you need is to have a Bible study with me. Probably won't happen, but while you think you know more about what things the Bible teaches, you're wrong.

So again I have to ask you Mr.Envoy of the Kingdom of God, why are you brazenly going against the directives of God's [anointed] representatives that you hold in such high esteem? You by being here, demonstrate a lack of faith by being here and posting. Your unsteady in your ways. (James 1:8) You can only be here for a few reasons. One of which is you have a beef with this organization. Another possibility is you doubt the validity of this organization's claims, and you're here testing what you've believed all these years by debating with us. There's other possibilities. Make no mistake though, by you being here and posting, you don't do a service for the WT. If anything, you actually further the apostate cause. Me personally I'm glad you're here allowing two sides of the coin to be exposed, but don't kid yourself by believing you're nobel in the WT eyes.

First, you're repeating yourself here. (Scroll up.) Second, you're wrong on both counts. I have an agenda, but I've made it no secret. (Ask @Lady Lee.)

This might get you a clap at the convention or assembly where the audience is looking for anything to liven that borefest up. Here on this forum, I smell your nonsense. Don't think because you're on Medicare and have went out in field service for a few years that I'm to believe your a cute little old man. No, your a man lacking faith in the organization you outwardly hold in high esteem. Secretly you post here, trying desperately to prove to yourself its "the truth." Or your one of the "unwanteds" at the Kingdom Hall, and this is how you tell yourself they still value you. Or maybe being one of the unwanteds, this is the closest you get to associating with JWs, damned if they're undercover apostate, or in bad standing. Stop fooling yourself Eggnogg. By the way, stop posting a bunch of paragraphs. It takes away from the good points you've made.

You're not just angry and bitter about choices that you yourself made in the past, but you have no idea how dumb you come off here saying these things when even you were once one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Should I now be your disciple? I mean, how weak-minded would that be?

I will post whatever it is I want to post, and if it turns out that my "posting a bunch of paragraphs" becomes necessary to make my point, I will. You can always skips my posts and not read them. Mine would be the ones with "djeggnog" superimposed over the avator. But I don't expect you to be able to control yourself from reading my posts (since it seems I really have a lot to say).

I apologize for playing a part in hijacking this thread.

Too late.

@sd-7:

Oh. So djeggnog is some sort of...JW? Uh...yeah. This is not a place JWs should be visiting. So...I'm just going to let my words stand as they were and not bother saying anything further in response. Any JW who comes here to debate people is in clear violation of the instructions the "slave" class has given about this. So if you're here to debate with 'apostates', you should not be. But it's all...hey, I could probably write verbatim everything you could (or should) possibly say myself, so...why would I bother?

Whether you post any further responses to my posts is your choice to make. I'm not going to cry about it. You're mistaken to think that you know what I can or cannot do. These "instructions" to which you refer are written thusly because it is much easier to advise against engaging in some activity that could affect your spirituality than it is to say nothing. But only someone more mature that you apparently are would be able to comprehend what it is I'm saying here to you now. I thought things were laid out quite well in the article to which I referred @miseryloveselders (above),entitled "Maintaining a Balanced Viewpoint Toward Disfellowshipped Ones" [w74 8/1 paragraphs 24-26, pp. 472, 473]. I invite you to read this article, too. BTW, you're off-topic, too.

And by the way, Hebrews 6:1, 2 talks about repentance from dead works. In order to display repentance, you have to first recognize that you're a sinner, which I believe was the point someone was making. So...recognizing you're a sinner is the foundation of Christianity, it's an integral part of the path to becoming a Christian. I think that's something every Christian can agree on. Why would there be a debate about that? You can't repent if you don't see yourself as a sinner. And then Hebrews 6:1, 2 has a lot less meaning, because you're not taking the basic steps to Christian faith.

I had only in my last post to you pointed out how retarded your understanding of what you had earlier told me you understood to be "the foundation of Christianity," and I cited Hebrews 6:1, 2, which, true, does speak of "repentance from dead works," one of the six (6) things that the apostle Paul lists in this passage, but Paul was there talking about repentance from the dead works of the Law of Moses, for there were those that were thinking that they could earn God's forgiveness by their practicing the works that had been required of the Jews under the Law and thus prove themselves righteous before God, but Paul stated that "a man is declared righteous, not due to works of law, but only through faith toward Christ Jesus," and "a man is declared righteous by faith apart from works of law." (Galatians 2:16; Romans 3:28)

I just had to throw that out there, but that's all I can say. I'm done.

Well, I'm glad you gave me a chance to tell you a second time what I told you first time you made this zany statement about the foundation of Christianity being our "acknowledging that we're sinners whether it be in thought, word, or action," which is just wrong.

@djeggnog

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Eggnogg, you're a wild fella. I'm debating whether I even want to continue this with you or not. I'm getting ready to clock out of here, but there's something that struck my eye in your numerous yet pointless rebuttals.

Captain, I didn't know you were also a Spiritual Psychiatrist. Thank you for diagnosing my problem. However, I think I'll seek a second opinion.

C'mon Eggnogg, you did not just call yourself a spiritual physician?!!??! Don't think adding the "sort of" softens the arrogance of that statement. I'm hoping in consideration of that segment of our discussion, you're joking and being cynical. If you really believe that, well....well I don't know what to say to you LOL!!

I'll get to the rest of your nonsense later, but I just couldn't resist that. Spiritual Physician, my, my, my, SMH.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

hmmmm seems my post got lost in there.

@ djeggnogg

going back to page 2 for a minute

@Lady Lee wrote:

Before I continue with my remarks, as I parsed this portion of what you wrote in your post, it could be understood as your suggesting that I have "unhealthy ideas about sex." Is that what you're saying about me? If so, on what basis do you say this about me? If I am mistaken here and your sentence (quoted above) was just badly phrased, then please ignore my questions, @Lady Lee.

I had no rights and only obligation to service him when he wanted.... I most certainly felt like the attitude of the WTS was "suck it up" I would think many women who had a husband like mine would have felt exactly the same way.

Ok, but I'm still not clear on what happened in your case, or even if you are interested in sharing with me, or with anyone, what action was taken, if any, for your husband's adultery. It does seem to me that if you thought your husband to have been abusive toward you (and your description here certainly sounds like it!), that you could have divorced him scripturally so as to protect yourself from further physical abuse. I don't ask you what you did, if anything; that's your business. I'm merely asking you if your husband was disfellowshipped for his sin of adultery.

-----------

My response was back on page 3

Ok Many people here know parts of my story. I was sexually abused as a child by several different men - most not Witnesses but some were. When the elder learned about it I was sent into foster care in another city and lost all contact with my family for 3 years.

When I came back to live wth my mother she arranged a marriage for me with a person who was still studying. She insisted that we could marry the week after he got baptized. I barely knew him; had never met his family and had no feelings about marriage towards him and I had turned 18 only 2 weeks beore the wedding - he was 20. But I obeyed my very controlling JW mother and married him.

I knew it was a mistake after only 2 weeks but it was done. I had told him before the marriage about the sexual abuse in my childhood and that it would create problems. He said "We will handle it".

At the end of last week I wrote 3 columns for Freeminds about what happened and I think it would just be easier for you to read that

http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/being-disfellowshipped.html

http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/suicide.html

http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/closure.html

The suicide piece probably should have been written first but they came out the way they did. The suicide piece explains why I did what I did. I'm sure you will understand after you read them.

After you read them I will respond to any questions you have

-----

I know it is a pain to read something else but it is etither that or I spend a very long time rewriting it all.

DJ for a JW man who has unhealthy ideas about sex that is unfortunately exactly the attitude he pushed on me.

Ok, but I'm still not clear on what happened in your case, or even if you are interested in sharing with me, or with anyone, what action was taken, if any, for your husband's adultery. It does seem to me that if you thought your husband to have been abusive toward you (and your description here certainly sounds like it!), that you could have divorced him scripturally so as to protect yourself from further physical abuse. I don't ask you what you did, if anything; that's your business. I'm merely asking you if your husband was disfellowshipped for his sin of adultery.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Something I read once that really got me to thinking, the person that refuses the sex is basically holding their made hostage when they use it as a tool.

I just don't understand the idea of holding back sex as a weapon against their mate. It's not addressing the issue/s that the couple obviously have, and is just wrong IMO.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

C'mon Eggnogg, you did not just call yourself a spiritual physician?!!??!

Yes.

Don't think adding the "sort of" softens the arrogance of that statement.

I'm a genius and I just don't think like this. Here's what I do think though: I think that you are either lacking in education or that you are somewhat dimwitted, one of the two, so let me help you here: I didn't write "I am a spiritual physician (sort of), since you asked," but "I am a spiritual physician, since you asked (sort of)," which, when parsed. would be understood by an educated person as an abbreviated way of saying "Well, I am a spiritual physician, since you were, in effect, asking me if I considered myself to be a spiritual physician."

There's nothing arrogant about my statement. If you were sitting down in Christian meetings not understanding a thing that was going on in them, you should talk to me so we can discuss what things were going on in those congregation meetings you once attended, because if you didn't occur to you to ask questions of anyone as to the meaning of the very scriptures that I have used in this post during those meetings, then you completely missed the purpose of meeting attendance.

For a fact, I know that many of the schools today in the US are continuing to graduate kids that are stupid, totally ignorant about the world in which we live. Many of them hardly know how to spell. My hope is that you aren't one of these kids all grown up, because this is a rather long message that would be lost on someone that should be too stupid to being able to comprehend what it is I have to say to you in this post and have been saying to you in this thread.

I'm hoping in consideration of that segment of our discussion, you're joking and being cynical. If you really believe that, well....well I don't know what to say to you LOL!! I'll get to the rest of your nonsense later, but I just couldn't resist that. Spiritual Physician, my, my, my, SMH.

This reminds me (sort of) of Senatorial candidate Christine O'Donnell (Delaware-R), who thought she had won a point in her debate with her opponent, Senatorial candidate Chris Coons (Delaware-D) after asking Coons whether the doctrine of separation of church and state was contained in the Constitution, and after being told by Coons in response that such a separation has been interpreted by the SCOTUS, she continued to beat her drum, even laughing (like you are) about this along with the audience, not realizing though that the audience was laughing at her!

First of all, I never stutter. Secondly, it'll be obvious when I'm joking; I wasn't joking. Thirdly, what I said to you in my previous post about my being a spiritual physician wasn't nonsense at all, but was a scripturally sound statement. I included scriptural references below, so that you can look up the scriptures in the event you should think that I'm anything like you in misusing the Bible, claiming as many do here that you are a Christian while making sport of God's word (as you did, for example, when you told me in a previous post that "the very foundation of Christianity is acknowledging that we're sinners, whether it be in thought, word or action"), something that I would never do, Sport. (And you weren't joking, but was serious!)

Look! When the Jews were freed from captivity in Babylon back in 539 BC and had returned to the Promised Land by 537 BC, God's prophecy by Isaiah was fulfilled: "And no resident will say: 'I am sick.' The people that are dwelling in the land will be those pardoned for their error." And fulfilled also was God's prophecy by Jeremiah: "I will heal them and reveal to them an abundance of peace and truth." (Isaiah 33:24; Jeremiah 33:6) Notice the association that is made here in these two scriptures between the sins of those returnees being pardoned and their being healed from their sickness. Since there were no physical healing of anyone's infirmities, no miraculous cures at all were performed by Jehovah on the Jews back in 537 BC, the healing they received was spiritual healing.

Further illustrating why none of the Jews were saying, "I am sick," Isaiah's prophecy went on to say: "At that time the eyes of the blind ones will be opened, and the very ears of the deaf ones will be unstopped. At that time the lame one will climb up just as a stag does, and the tongue of the speechless one will cry out in gladness." (Isaiah 35:5, 6) The fulfillment of this prophecy following the return from Babylon must have been So, in a spiritual sense, the spiritually blind, the spiritually deaf, the spiritually lame and the spiritually dumb were healed upon their release from bondage in Babylon by Jehovah.

Having been restored to their homeland, true worship was reestablished in Jerusalem when the temple was rebuilt, where they were cleansed of their former sins against Jehovah. Eyes that had once been blind could now see the way forward and ears that had once been deaf could now hear Jehovah's commands and obey them. Legs that had formerly been lame and tongues that had formerly been dumb could now leap up joyfully in Jehovah's service and sings praises to their God.

Fast forward six centuries later, the Lord Jesus Christ presented himself to the Jews also performing spiritual healing for them; he also effected many physical cures: "The blind are seeing again, and the lame are walking about, the lepers are being cleansed and the deaf are hearing, and the dead are being raised up, and the poor are having the good news declared to them. (Matthew 11:5) But for all of his works of physical healing, Jesus brought to the Jews works of spiritual healing as had been foretold to occur at Isaiah 61:1, 2:

"Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor, he sent me forth to preach a release to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away with a release, to preach Jehovah’s acceptable year." (Luke 4:18, 19)

Jesus opening the eyes of the formerly blind to Jehovah’s purposes, unstopped the ears of the formerly deaf to His commands, trained tongues formerly dumb to speak the truth of God and energized formerly lame to declare the good news, and he even bought spiritual life and activity to those who had been "dead in [their] trespasses and sins." (Ephesians 2:1)

The only way that those that are dead in their trespasses and sins today can be made spiritually healthy is by means of God's word of truth, and then by holding fast to "the pattern of health words." (2 Timothy 1:13) Those who refuse to accept these healthful words of truth and teaches false doctrine instead are "mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words." (1 Timothy 6:4)

Christians today that wish to follow Jesus should likewise not spare themselves, but ought to be spending of their time and energies in the work of spiritual healing, feeling the same compassion as he for those who have been kept in spiritual darkness and so are dead in their trespasses, seeing those for whom Christ died as being "skinned and thrown about like sheep without a shepherd." (Matthew 9:36)

If anyone spiritually blind, deaf, dumb or lame refuses the healing "eyesalve" of God's word, "the pattern of healthful words," we will certainly move on as we search out those who do want spiritual hearing. (Revelation 3:18)

In the first century, Christians were preaching "the good news of Jesus and the resurrection" was being preached, but now, the Lord Jesus Christ has ordained that Christians should be proclaiming the good news of the establishing kingdom of God, and "to live by means of the good news." (Acts 17:18; Matthew 24:14; 1 Corinthians 9:14) Since Christians know that people are spiritually ill, most of them spiritually dead, we are energized by God's spirit to help as many people as we can to feel better about the eternal future that God holds in store for all those worshipping Him "with spirit and truth." (John 4:24; 1 Corinthians 2:9)

Christian cannot and will not hold back these healthful words from the nations to whom Jesus gave us the commission to preach since we know that God's patience will not wait indefinitely, and that, with each day that passes, we are one day closer to "the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels," plus, were we not to share the good news with others, we would have bloodguilt on our hands, since our own salvation is tied to our "[living] by means of the good news. (2 Thessalonians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 7:29; Ezekiel 33:8; 1 Corinthians 9:14, 16)

Through his ministry, Jesus taught us that the greatest expression of loving our neighbor as ourselves is when we are sharing the good news with our neighbors, for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen. (1 John 4:20) Next to loving God, there is no other commandment greater than loving our neighbor as ourselves, and Christians are commanded to do both, and by our so doing, we thereby reaffirm our love for God. (Mark 12:31; 1 John 5:2)

While physical healing offers temporary benefits, the spiritual healing that Christians provide others regarding "the good news of peace" with God -- "the word of the reconciliation" that I am publishing to others -- offers permanent benefits, such as a perfect life in perfect health in a new world of righteousness under God's heavenly kingdom. (2 Corinthians 5:19, 20; Ephesians 2:17) That is why Christians endeavor to 'pay constant attention to ourselves and to our teaching, for by doing this we know that we will save, not only ourselves, but those that listen to us.' (1 Timothy 4:16)

@djeggnog

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Lady Lee:

I'm not going to re-post all that I had written earlier, but just the following:

@Lady Lee wrote:

DJ for a JW man who has unhealthy ideas about sex that is unfortunately exactly the attitude he pushed on me.

@djeggnog wrote:

Before I continue with my remarks, as I parsed this portion of what you wrote in your post, it could be understood as your suggesting that I have "unhealthy ideas about sex." Is that what you're saying about me? If so, on what basis do you say this about me? If I am mistaken here and your sentence (quoted above) was just badly phrased, then please ignore my questions, @Lady Lee.

Here's what I'm trying to understand this first portion: Who is the "JW man who has unhealthy ideas about sex..."? Were you referring to me or to your ex-husband? That was the question I asked. This is the question I'm asking you to answer.

I read the three articles to which the links in your post on Page 2 pointed, and after reading them, these articles raised questions that I would normally be asking you now, except that I also listened to your YouTube Video sample, and this also left questions in my mind that I cannot ask you until I have heard the rest of that video. You said many things in your video with which I do not agree, and I feel I need to listen to the entire video where you talk about your experiences when you were one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I don't want to pay to see it, because I do not wish to support the cause of the folks hosting this video. If possible and convenient for you, please PM me a link so that I can see the entire video or download it. Thanks in advance.

@djeggnog

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

DJ lay off the crack pipe for a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit