What made you start questioning: people or doctrine?

by In 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

People. A brother at Bethel was made an elder. Some time after it was revealed he had being having an affair for 7 years. It showed to me that Holy Spirit does not direct appointments. That led to examining doctrine.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

For me, it was the people....which led to to questioning the doctrine.

I think "the true religion" would crank out a high quality people. When I didn't see that, I knew I needed to question what they were being taught.

I truly believe the JW's HINDER people from having a relationship with God.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think "the true religion" would crank out a high quality people.

"Man, your religion is really cranking out a lot of high quality people here, what do you feed it?"

-Sab

• bobld
    bobld

They constantly say do not question the holy spirit appointed elders.When the same elders do sheperding calls they know shit about life only do what is in the rule book of the FDS/GB.Thay are totally clueless in family counsel and to some extend life.

Secondly when you analyze their publications it is very obvious they are wishy-washy.It seems they go in circles.

B

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    I think "the true religion" would crank out a high quality people.

"Man, your religion is really cranking out a lot of high quality people here, what do you feed it?"

-Sab

LOL

• bobld
    bobld

I would add they are not truthful when it comes to money matters......FREE NO COLLECTIONS.However we pass do not collection plates we PASS RESOLUTIONS.District convention scams.The longer you are, in the more you see the corruption........SAD SAD SAD.

B

• factfinder
    factfinder

People. I saw too many liars and hypocrites and wrongdoing on the part of elders. The people proved they were not God'e organization and do not have his spirit.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

For me it was people (elders) Then doctrine.

Lack of love in a Org that claims it's by their love they are recognized lead to a lot of questioning of other things.

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

For me it was the people first. That led to me to question how people could profess to love God treat people in such a harsh way. Then the doctrine just strarted to unravel it all..

Grewup

• ssn587
    ssn587

people's behavior, questioned how they and only they can be right and no one else., then 607 and that definitely opened the dam. began to see the misquoting of scripture, the additioned of jehovah in the NT while none of the extant existing copies of manuscripts don't have it in it. the hell bent attitude for unity at all costs and then the bs about elders being picked by holy spirit quickly became ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit