My Story

by kp138 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• kp138
    kp138

Thank you everyone for your kind words and advise. I really do appreciate it.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

kp138 , Welcome to the forum ,

I am so sorry to hear of the pain your Father must have been going through to take his own life . For many older ones there comes a point they realize what they have believed for so long is just not all it is cracked up to be. You can not blame yourself .....I think he just really believed the Witness rheoric that the system would end before he aged ,and he was caught unprepared .

I too grew up as a JW raised on the horror stories of Nazi persecution and then the Malawi massacres .....I suffered panic attacks ,anxiety and depression for years . Finding this forum and reading similar stories as my own has helped me so much .I am not alone ,and neither are you ! If you have not read it yet I highly suggest reading Crisis of Conscience . That book really helped me let go of any residual guilt or lingering questions about the Witnesses.

Glad you shared your story .

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry to hear about your dad.

I hope you find some help and healing here.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Very sad...I wish you well on your journey out of the jw hell-hole,so many countless lives wasted

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit