The letter re: coil binding the elder book

by booby 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• St George of England
    St George of England

Even my uber-JW wife thought this was unbelievable. She thought JW women were now being demoted from second class citizens to third class or worse!

George

• Incognito
    Incognito

That book is designed to make their most devoted and often abused adherents, feel 'Privileged' and 'Exclusive' as this book is for their eyes only and not to be shared or viewed by any one else. As has already been stated, there really is nothing stated in it that hasn't been printed in other, regular WT publications.

Becoming an 'Elder' often requires little more that years of butt kissing and consistently reporting at least the national average of door knocking time. Notice I said 'reporting', not necessarily doing although he will need to be viewed as doing his share.

If a practicing baptised male is liked and accepted by the other Elders and the CO, and is willing to never question anything, only saying 'Yes' and whatever else they expect to hear, he can often 'fast track' his way into this exclusive group. Of course, green handshakes to the CO never hurt his chances.

Although a small number of Elders are well intentioned, empathetic and reasonable, there are too many that 'get off' on the attention and power of the title and often offer little of benefit to the congregation.

This is mostly an exclusive old boys club, similar to the Sacred Order of Water Buffalos. All that's missing is the cigars, funny hats and the secret handshake.

Since JWs aren't to smoke, and since wearing a funny hat would be too obvious, maybe the Elders manual is a replacement for the hats. Besides, the WT is a publishing organization so it makes sense that whatever object provided only to the Elders club would be something printed.

Perhaps what's needed now is a secret handshake - or maybe, they already have one?

• VM44
    VM44

I noticed that the "coil binding" letter does not have any "author initials/codes" on it.

Letters from The Watchtower used to have the writers initials or codes on them to identify who wrote the letter.

Has that practice stopped?

• VM44
    VM44
    This letter is quite a clear statement of just how far their head-scarf-mentality goes. As many sisters have commented over the years, it's way beyond scriptural.

At Bethel, no sisters are made managers of anything!!!

• bite me
    bite me

I love how you guys change these pictures.. it says the real truth.

• metatron
    metatron

Keep in mind just how inferior women are in WatchtowerLand. Women CANNOT be used as parking attendants at assemblies because they might actually point to a parking space that is empty, thereby directing a BROTHER to park his car there !!!!!!!!!

Brothers MUST be used for this vital work - of directing cars into parking spaces ( even though they are not actually pointing to the parking space with their penis)

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit