The letter re: coil binding the elder book

by booby 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS

Re: Spiral binding of Shepherding textbook

Dear Brothers:

Since the release of the new Shepherding textbook, several elders have asked about the possibility of having their textbook spiral bound. There is no objection if an elder personally spiral binds or laminates his own textbook or does so for other elders. If he has another baptized brother who is not an elder do the work for him, the elder must watch while the work is being done. Outside companies. unbelievers, or sisters are not permitted to do this work. The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality must be preserved.

Each elder should make the following notation next to the box on the title page of the Shepherding textbook: "See letter dated October 7, 2010, to all bodies of elders regarding spiral binding ofthis textbook."

Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.

cc: Traveling overseers

PS to secretary:

This letter should be retained in the congregation permanent file of policy letters. You may wish to update the congregation copy of Index to Letters-For Bodies of Elders (S-22) at this time as well.

• yknot
    yknot
    The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality must be preserved.

Why?

Because it makes the WTS appear to have a clergy class?

Because it creates psuedo-hype that leads to increase belief by the male receipient that they are 'special' and encourages good 'foot soldier' mentality?

• tec
    tec

Since when can 'sisters' not see things, anyway? Even take Paul literally about women, they just needed to be silent. NO reason they weren't allowed to know things. That letter is just silly. Silly beyond words.

Tammy

• Mary
    Mary
    If he has another baptized brother who is not an elder do the work for him, the elder must watch while the work is being done. Outside companies. unbelievers, or sisters are not permitted to do this work.

Wow. So a non-elder male can coil bind the manual, but sisters are not "permitted" to because they're apparently viewed as being on the same level as "unbelievers" and "outside companies. What a shame. Since I've already coil bound my own copy of the Elders Manual, I was planning on offering my services to other elders. Guess I won't now!!

The material in the book is confidential, and confidentiality must be preserved.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Even take Paul literally about women, they just needed to be silent.

Dammit Darlene, get in the kitchen and make me a sammich and git me a beer and get the hell out of the way of the TV!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Outside companies. unbelievers, or sisters are not permitted to do this work.

I wonder how they would enforce this?

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

"confidentiality must be preserved".

SERIOUSLY? YOU MUST BE KIDDING! i love the internet, you cant get away with grade school shenanagans anymore boys.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

sisters are not permitted to do this work

What? Are we in the dark ages? What an absolutely stupid rule!

I had to create something to show it's stupidity (see below):

3Mozzies

• booby
    booby

I wonder how they would enforce this? It is by trust. Oops. forgot they have not trust. So they won't enforce it. simple. they are morons.

• booby
    booby

3Mozzies - precious!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit