New Awake - JWs are Great!

by brotherdan 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Unsalaried elders and teachers? I was told that the local CO has a car paid for by the society, and his housing is also paid for. Around here that would be about $2000 a month. Someone is lying here.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Fall down and Worship!

Watchtower idolatry

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_clergy09.3c06480.html

[excerpts]

Prosecutors want Jose Cespedes, an ordained minister with the Spanish Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Temecula,to testify at the trial of Kelle Lee Jarka.

After receiving a subpoena from Jarka's attorney, Cespedes filed the motion asking that the court excuse him from taking the witness stand.

Documents filed by Cespedes on Wednesday say Jarka was seeking spiritual guidance when he spoke to Cespedes and expected their conversations would be held in the strictest of confidence. Cespedes should not be ordered to testify because a law commonly referred to as the penitent-clergy privilege protects these conversations, the court papers say.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

For well over a year now the Organization has stopped reading the financial statements of the congregations publicly. A very nice improvement indeed; it seemed a bit much like the "give, give, give" message dispensed at other religions. However, the contribution boxes continue to be present and clearly marked for the mere reality that all of our activities and our buildings need maintenance, remodeling, and, due to the recent and continuous growth, expansion, and all that must be covered by ourselves.

Putting it in perspective, just the other day I felt quite dignified and proud of our method of personal/conscientious contribution as opposed to the other ineffective ways other religious organizations gather their funds: At several traffic light locations throughout my City now it's normal to see people from some denomination with buckets and signs asking for donations. They look terrible in appearance and even their collection buckets are dirty and unpresentable. Then there are the others here that do car washes, advertize flea markets or food sales in the newspapers in order to collect $$$.

Our way of gathering funds, and giving plenty of our own personal resources is definitely the best way, if I may say so myself! Plus, what we show for it is so much more abundant, nicer, cleaner, bigger, cost effective... BETTER!!!

How could you all not see it for what it really is?! Oh, I forgot... the Bible does mention how Satan blindfolds and deafens people.

DY

• Mary
    Mary

As per usual, DY, your braindead comment isn't worth the banwidth it takes up on the internet. Why is that not a surprise?

• funnyface
    funnyface

Poor DY.."None so blind as those who cannot see."
    Guess I will have to mention her when I am speaking to MY FRIEND
    THE ONLY WAY! TRUTH! LIFE!!!
    Who is that DY?????

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

So, the Org is withholding financial information. How much do you know about where the money goes?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

No classes? What about the one-gross-thousand with the "heavenly hope" and the rank-and-file "great crowd"?

but those Baptists and Catholics were the very ones that saved you from the concentration camps!

It's better than that: General Dwight Eisenhower, commander of the Allied army that liberated those camps, was an apostate who left the Bible Students (this was before Rutherford renamed the organization), went to West Point and later became a Presbyterian!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit