New Awake - JWs are Great!

by brotherdan 57 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

"They have no clergy class"

Defintion of "clergy" - a group ordained to perform pastoral or sacerdotal functions in a Christian church

The elders are "ordained" by The Watchtower to perform pastoral functions in the congregation.

Therefore, the JWs DO HAVE A CLERGY CLASS, they call them the Elders!

• Gayle
    Gayle

They do not venerate the Cross or use idols;

This is the JWs idol and icon, on their literature and letters: The Watchtower torture stake symbol!!

(Can't do a copy and paste to here) Check 7th picture down:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://members.shaw.ca/theotrip/w/SJV036s.jpg&imgrefurl=http://members.shaw.ca/theotrip/w/w.htm&h=146&w=220&sz=5&tbnid=RowFjFTsuHWumM:&tbnh=71&tbnw=107&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwatchtower%2Blogo&zoom=1&q=watchtower+logo&hl=en&usg=__FLbZioQLvCSxPvsSWfyZmNZqD24=&sa=X&ei=mY3JTMrmKoycsQOu38mIDg&sqi=2&ved=0CB0Q9QEwAw

(Also, this is several pictures to show all the elderly JWs, who "murmur" their struggles and regrets now, one of the GB's paradises - Wallkill - with all the amenities as they criticize their elderly members)

• Mary
    Mary

I'll have to take a closer look at this tonight when I get home.......

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Wow...that Stan and Julie are pretty goo goo over the WT!

Yeah, the WT logo is used EVERYWHERE at bethel. Most rank and file only see it on the magazines. But they definitely know how to "brand" their product. And really that's all it is...a product.

It's too bad that they substitute the cross for the Watchtower logo.

It makes me think of 1 Cor 1:17,18:

For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Whatever they say, the JWs are no strangers to political activism. I recall once, when a JW crowd formed at NYC City Hall to protest an adverse decision on their plans for contruction in Brooklyn Heights, then-mayor Koch is reported to have said to an aide: "look at them; a crowd, and not a vote among them!" Then in France, they orgainized demonstration against the huge tax imposition. I'm sure there are other examples.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

brotherdan,

you are to sit in the coatroom at the KH and not speak to anyone for a month.

Dogz

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Sorry, Randy. Did I blaspheme the holy Watchtower logo?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Eyes Wide Shut pointed out " the problem with rejecting war outright is that at times it is necessary to defend agaisnt evil. The WT does not understand this. By making this statement any crazy loonatic would just be able to run rampant all over the world and people would just let it happen. I suppose to a JW to not fight Hitler was something God would have wanted rather than combat his evil plans. Their logic here is not sound. War and the participation in war is a necessary evil."

I agree; and had things been done the jw way from 1939-45, we'd all be living under the reign of the Third Reich.

I've heard talks in which elders intimated that Jehovah's will was carried out by the Allied forces. How could that be, when on principle He is supposedly opposed to all human warfare? Which is it? They want to have their cake and eat it too.

And had the Allies not fought Hitler, pograms against jws would have been launched the world over.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

And had the Allies not fought Hitler, pograms against jws would have been launched the world over.

Right. I heard someone say once that Jehovah's Witnesses will say Baptists go to war and kill Baptists and Catholics against Catholics, but those Baptists and Catholics were the very ones that saved you from the concentration camps! Where is the thank you? There is no thank you. There is only condemnation in the JW organization.

• Ding
    Ding

1. Randy said to Brotherdan:

"you are to sit in the coatroom at the KH and not speak to anyone for a month."

Hey, Randy, Brotherdan would LOVE to sit in the coatroom rather than having to sit in on the meetings.

2. All this talk about Hitler has made me wonder how many JWs knocked on the door at Berchtesgaden to offer the Fuhrer and Eva Braun a home Bible study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit