Further Education and the Special Assembly Day

by eyesthatsee 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    During his main talk, he praised a recent Bethel member who left his college (aka university) course early to pioneer and join Bethel.

What will former Bethelites who got sent back out to the field (on their own) say about the wasted years not earning social security and not finishing an education?

I knew parents that home-schooled for high school and they just hoped the kids were going over their books. There was no actual teaching as the parents were G.E.D. or similar themselves.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

These Bethel speakers are acting like business people. I remember my (lovely) mother saying "The new CO is so fine. He is just a manager!".

Inside I was crying when I heard this.

Compare it with earlier times: "Jesus was so fine, he was just a manager".

The WTS has, from my European opinion, everything to do with the American way of life. It's all outside. If you have the management look and feel, and act like a manager, being absolutely loyal to the firm, you can reach sky high in the WTS corporation.

When I watched the movie The Firm for the first time, I directly compared it with the WTS corporation.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Looking at this nowadays, what they're promoting from the platform is dangerous. Its one thing to highlight the decision of some to pioneer, or apply for Bethel, etc.. Its another thing entirely to promote those goals, and at the same time enforce a negative view towards those not pursuing the same goals. They put tremendous pressure on young people via their literature thats reviewed quite regularly at meetings. They also do this crap from the assemblies. Some of these wacky parents hear this stuff from the platform and think God has spoken. Its not right to dictate that kind of authority over people's lives. I've said it in the past but for some die hard believers I think its child abuse for them to be able to raise children.

• antes8080
    antes8080

most ppl are not really paying close attention to what is saying on this talk and demonstrations they just clap and say yes to everything like nice great cult

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing.

Obviously, this is a huge issue with me since I did the whole pioneer/Bethel route and have returned to school. Of course there are lots of things that I can say about the subject, but I think the best question is...

"What are they afraid of? What is supposed to be here in college that they're so scared about?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit