Do YOU Stereotype People?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't like men - particluarly Black men.

Syl

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    Asians ARE bad drivers, jus sayin'

This is why we should have special reserved parking spaces, a tag with a big A on it. Also something like a carpool lane would increase safety for everyone, as it is we pack a ton of people in a van going to the restaurant every day.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Women are usually on my B-list of stereotypical bad drivers, particulary all black women, and young college aged white women.

Misery, you missed a subgroup: Old women. This moring I saw an old woman make the ugliest left turn ever. Then going down the road she kept drifting into the lane to her right. Scary.

I'm a very good driver myself. Have never been in an accident, I don't cut folks off or tailgate, and the last time I got a traffic ticket was over 25 years ago.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I think we sterotype because it has been parallel with some experience we have had in our lives.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

The amount of stereotyping that already gone on here (in this thread) is hilarious.

V665

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The amount of stereotyping that already gone on here (in this thread) is hilarious.

So you are saying "stereotypers" is a sterotype that is being demonstrated on this thread?

-Sab

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    So you are saying "stereotypers" is a sterotype that is being demonstrated on this thread?

That appears to be very much the case, no?
    I (wrongly) stereotyped you too...

V665

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I (wrongly) stereotyped you too...

Maybe so, but at least I aint a sparkly vampire! (stereotype: all vampires are like the ones from Twilight).

-Sab

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    stereotype: all vampires are like the ones from Twilight

Yes, that IS a whopper of a stereotype. I do bloody well resent it!

V665

• donny
    donny

Sometimes the stereotypes have some truth in their roots. I used to hear the jokes about Asian drivers but I never understood why they were singled out. Then several years ago I went to Taiwan for two weeks to visit my wifes family. What a nightmare it was trying to drive over there.

1. Auto insurance is a rarity.

2. There is no such thing as lane intergrity on the roads. You can be sitting at a red light on an 8 lane street (4 each way) and when the light turns green, someone in the far right lane will make a left hand turn across the 3 other lanes. People just honk and go on.

3. Red light, what red light? One night my father-in-law was taking me on a cruise through downtown Taipei and when he would approach intersections that were controlled by a signal light, he would slow down on red lights and if there was no one coming, he would drive right through it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit