Do YOU Stereotype People?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you ever do, do you think it's wrong?

• leavingwt
  • Gregor
    Gregor

Everyone does. The question is - what is on your checklist?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Seriously, though, I'm from rural Mississippi.

So, when I arrived in NYC, you can only imagine what everyone already thought about me.

• undercover
    undercover
    when I arrived in NYC, you can only imagine what everyone already thought about me.

...and then there's what you already thought of Yankees... so it's all even...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I really didn't know what I was getting into. I quickly discovered, however, that people are people. Mostly good, with a few bad apples.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...when I arrived in NYC...
    ...a few bad apples.

ba-dum--BUMP...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I REALLY try not to. I don't think I do it on race. But sometimes I do it in atheism vs non-atheism. I think of atheists/agnostics as angry bitter people. People like Leavingwt,notverylikely,and sabasteous (sorry if I spelled it wrong, dude), have shown me how WRONG I have been. They are truly great guys and people that I am honored to be friends with.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

and undercover, of course. Actually there are VERY few that I keep having that same stereotype with. I hate that I have it for them. But stereotyping is hard to break.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Damn straight! (Go Red Sox)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit