The Watchtower and the Occult

by brotherdan 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Isn't it amazing what you don't find when you're not looking for it?

You may be correct. This might also explain why I haven't seen any UFO's or demons.

So aren't aware of phenology? Abrams and Radionics devices? The grape cure? Angels and Women? The WATCHTOWER SOCIETY horoscope? Robison's wonderful series COLOR AND CHARACTER that ran in the Golden Age?

They once celebrated Christmas, too. But do you find this a persuasive argument against the 2010 version of WT?

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

i can see pagan symbolism in the old WT and i believe the WT used information from an occultist when compiling thier bible, but even if there was occult rituals and animal sacrifices going on after leaving WT wasnt looking, it would not matter to me. they are misleading innocent godfearing indivduals for profit, thus the leadership IS working for the devil. voodoo not nescasary

• Think About It
    Think About It

A quick check of Phrenology shows that many religionists and prominent ministers of that era believed in Phrenology. Here is a book by just one of them. It was more of a psuedoscience than an occult practice. To say the WTS has occult roots because of this is really biased and grasping at straws. Just another crackpot thing they were caught up in at the time along with other religious crackpots.

ON THE HARMONY

BETWEEN

THE SCRIPTURES

AND

PHRENOLOGY

By JOSEPH A. WARNE, A. M.

PASTOR OF THE BAPTIST CHURCH IN BROOKLINE, NEAR BOSTON, U. S.

Think About It

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Brotherdan you have a pm

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

When Rutherford claimed that the dead and ressurected C.T Russel was still communicating new light to him...that's called necrology. It's occultic.

Not true at all. In the book of Revelation, John was told by an angel that he was of his brethren, the prophets. He was told that twice. And Ezekiel calls the angel that ministered to him "a man." In all cases it suggests speaking to angels who once were men. Certainly, men can be sent back by God to communicate with them as angels. (I also don't believe angels are a separate class of beings as humans. An angel is simply someone who comes to someone on Earth with a message from God.)

In many near death experiences, relatives are sent with messages for loved ones. Many of these are accompanied by overwhelming feelings of peace and well being, which the Devil can't replicate in my view. In the case of Russell, he was supposed to be resurrected, but how did Rutherford know it was Russell? Evil spirits can mimic "angels of light" and deceive the living. One must have the proper keys of knowledge to detect deceitful spirits, and that must come by revelation. Otherwise, how would an ancient prophet like John know the difference. Twice he fell to his knees thinking he was worshiping Christ. Only did the angels reveal themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit