The Watchtower and the Occult

by brotherdan 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't believe any of them (Baptists, Methodists, Disciples/Church of Christ) make the claim to be the only true religion.

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

This is a weak argument against WT and JWs. In the 1800s, phrenology was considered scientific not spiritual. Even now, it carries little connotation of the supernatural or mystical.

Wikipedia's current article on phrenology doesn't even use the words "occult" or "spirit".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If you lisen to the audio, you will see that it is not sensationalist. But it does bring to light many comments made by the WT that are not known to the exJW community or the JW community in general.

It's ok if you don't like it though. I just put it out there for anyone interested.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I don't believe any of them (Baptists, Methodists, Disciples/Church of Christ) make the claim to be the only true religion.

My bad......these Baptists, Methodists, Church of Christ in my family, at work, and have encountered throughout my life must be mistaken. Thanks for clearing that up.

Think About It

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

ANYONE claiming that a "religion" is the only truth is mistaken. Christians are not to put their alliegence in a man made organization, as we all know. The body of Christ is not a religion but the entire group of Christians.

So yes, your bad.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    So yes, your bad.

Obviously you don't understand sarcasm. These different denominations are pretty set that they are the right religion. That's why they chose that particular denomination. When I was a Baptist we didn't think the Methodist's were right.

Think About It

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Well you were as wrong then as you are now. Christians are saved, not only Baptists or Methodists. Those that believe differently...they're wrong. :-)

And yes, I got the sarcasm. Did you get mine?

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Well you were as wrong then as you are now.

What am I wrong about slick? I'm mearly relating what others of a particular denomiation have told me and what I have personally experienced about other beliefs. I'm not resorting to sensationalism to vilify them. Why the anger?

Think About It

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I don't think that any Christian claims that the dead talk to them and give them information from God.

Getting info from spirits that were one humans that dies pretty much means ALL of Christianity thinks this, they just apply special pleading and say "well, this doesn't apply to that ONE guy"

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Christians are saved, not only Baptists or Methodists. Those that believe differently...they're wrong. :-)

Christians CAN be saved, they just have to cast off the invisibly sky daddy delusion first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit