It's OK Lurkers, Paranoid former JW's, and even you current JW's....

by AllTimeJeff 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

Yes, of course it must be mindless obedience that keeps active JWs off this forum.

There's no way it could be the constant insults and smarmy condescension.

There are many reasons for it, but I'd guess most active JWs are simply too busy to waste time on the internet. When they do have free time, they likely use it doing something they enjoy. What kind of person finds this particular forum enjoyable?

• serein
    serein

when do they have time to enjoy anything and anyways what is there to enjoy if u cant watch tv realy sports etc cant go bars bla bla bla cant ow im not going to go on u know what i mean

• antes8080
    antes8080

i was super scare to post on this site i had been lurking for years not only have i learn lots of things i also laugh alot on this forum and like they "laughter is the best medicine".. so now i can say that am adictid to this site and the great info and for opening many eyes to the lies....

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Ep...I find this site enjoyable...anytime people are made aware of the 'real truth' and then able to make corrections in their lives and share those with others...well it brings real JOY to me, as I am sure to many others.

• I am grateful for this site and several others!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Sw

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

I don't post much but I'm still around after completing a successful fade... especially enjoy the scans of old and current literature, and keeping up to date on every new zany scheme the WTS comes up with. Thanks to everyone who shares.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    The flock is "encouraged" to not be on the internet at all, associating with people they don't know. Even though the orders come from a Governing Body that they don't know either. Oh, the irony.

That is such a statement, I had never considered before. I am sure very few if any in my congregation could name any, let alone all the members of the GB. When Jaracz's death was announced on this site I mentioned it to several, including elders, at the KH. No-one knew who he was!

JWGoneBad - We are both in a very similar position and similar age so I fully understand your predicament. The only real difference is I was born in so was brain washed through childhood and only awakened about two years ago.

George

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Attention lurkers! It's not polite to linger in doorways, so come on in.

• Shrek
    Shrek

OK, I'll give it a try. Not much for posting on any forums I join, just like to read, I guess.

I learn alot from the back and forth debates from the 'apologists'. To me they represent what the argument is going to be coming from the elders one day when the inevitable show down comes, helps me to be ready.

• broops100
    broops100

Im a good lurker too. Am enjoying reading what everyones got to say.

I pretty much live life below the radar & keep giving JWs the sob story every month as they come round with the latest mags and study articles .... - Wish they would frigg off but not much I can do about that a moment as it keeps the peace with the rest of the family... :0

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

St George Of England: Good to meet you George. Look forward to getting better acquainted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit