Annointed Elder Publicly Reproved

by drewcoul 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    If an annointed is disfellowshipped, then another person is annointed to replace them. If the annointed is reinstated, they are annointed again (or still).....So what happens to the replacement?

I recall an article stating that when a person becomes annointed, they receive a spot in line. They used the example of giving out wristbands that they give out at concerts. If they get out of line, they can later get back in line at the same spot by showing the person behind them their number (138,123 would be in front of 138,124, etc.).

So as long as the person gets back in line before he or she dies, they get in.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

Actually all you have to do is read 1 and 2 Corinthians...an anointed male Christian did something serious and was 'disciplined' and they later brought back into the congregation....all Christians were anointed then, there was no foolishness as there is today that there are 2 classes of Christians. If he had committed a "sin against the holy spirit" as the WTS defines it then I guess he would be "out" permanently, but no humans can make that judgment.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The doctrine of 144,000 anointed ones gave the JW religion a certain mystic. It was something the JW's could point to as a sign they had the truth. It made sense to me for awhile. Met a few who claimed they were of the anointed. Personally, I think the whole thing is a JW delusion doctrine.

Think About It

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Interesting,
    So, then, If an annointed is disfellowshipped, then another person is annointed to replace them. If the annointed is reinstated, they are annointed again (or still).....So what happens to the replacement? Are they no longer annointed? Interesting conundrum...

Not that it particularly makes any more sense, but I was told, way back in the late 1960s, that a "new" annointed was not selected until the "old" DFd annointed died (without repenting and getting reinstated). Until they died, their place in the 144,000 was held open as they might come back. Of course, all of this 144,000 doctrine is insane if you really think about it -

• Ding
    Ding

Wristbands?

Getting in and out of line?

Where does any of this appear in the Bible? (Rhetorical question)

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Wristbands?
    Getting in and out of line?
    Where does any of this appear in the Bible?

Hey.......that's how they do it at the Magic Kingdom.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit