Annointed Elder Publicly Reproved

by drewcoul 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Anointing doesnt go away...whether reproved or disfellowshipped...it doesnt affect the anointing...

Loz x

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

drewcoul....are you saying you actually believe this annointed stuff? This story you presented is very similar to the Baptists ideas of "once saved, always saved". Some religions believe that as long as you get dunked and claim to "accept Jesus" that you can continue in doing whatever you please without regard to others, because you now have some sort of "immunity" or superiority. It's like a ridiculous superstition. Do you think these people who claim to be "annointed" are really more special in some way because they claim to be?

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I'm not saying I believe it, I'm just trying to get what the Org. viewpoint is. I knew this guy. He was the PO when I was DF'd. I have known him nearly my entire life. Just curious as what the official doctrine is on this.

• booby
    booby

drewoul - exactly. The one that was used as the replacement must be bumped back to a mere mortal with an earthly hope. Imagine what his head is doing. I don't know brother fellow elder. Last month I truly had this feeling that Jehovah was calling me to heaven and now not so much. I think maybe when the next generation overlap occurs, well maybe then I'll have that feeling back???

• booby
    booby

jehovahsheep - Do you have the audacity to suggest a jw doctrine is flawed?? Actually this would make a good thread. List all the jw doctrines that are flawed/bogus/plain silly.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The fly in the ointment of course is 144,000 being a literal number. Once the WTS dump that idea the problem does not arise.

List all the jw doctrines that are flawed/bogus/plain silly.

In answer to booby,

There are, in fact, many other things also which are flawed/bogus/plain silly, which, if ever they were written in full detail, I suppose, the world itself could not contain the scrolls written.

George

• booby
    booby

So John 20:25 - Or is it 20-25 silly doctrines. i guess i'll have to start composing a list. Ah not sure if I have it in me.

you cheated and edited it

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Being "anointed" as a JW is nothing more than a delusional hallucination in the first place. What it really means to be anointed is to have a fully awakened Christ consciousness (a fully functioning pineal gland or third eye)...which is earned through years of difficult work on the SELF including regular meditation (something Pharisees consider to be demonic).... and if that REALLY happened, they wouldn't be able to disassociate themselves from this asinine cult fast enough.

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hello to All,

What has been said is basically right, it does not affect your standing. It is however up to Jehovah on this matter, and what is in the depth of that person's heart.

I would ask a couple questions:

Did this individual out spokenly say "I defy Christ, there is no "Son of God", or did he make a bad mistake or sin? In 99 percent of the time, he just sinned or made a bad decision.

Most cases, these individuals are repentant and Mercy should be extended. I can not read a person's heart, so I would have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Until the next time, Good Day!!

Truth and Justice

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I distinctly remember a CO made a big issue about judging repentant people who had been reproved, even anointed ones.

He used the example of Peter publicly denying Jesus. He said that Jesus words to him were a very strong Public Repoof of his actions.

So using Peter's example, yes, an Anointed person can be forgiven from the Borg standpoint.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit