I Miss Field Service!

by believingxjw 22 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Yep, I miss those good old field service days but now I'm not allowed to join in the house to house work. So I've decided to do what I was taught to do instead; letter writing.

I'm going to take the money I once contributed to the Kingdom Hall and buy stamps with it. Then I'll give a good witness to many in my area or in my state or across the country. We were taught to use the obituaries or other public lists to find contacts to spread the good news. That is an excellent idea. It feels so good to be able to again spread the good news.

And of course, like in the old days, I would never put my name and return address on it lest some worldlyinterested person should want to contact me in a manner I would not wish.

• cantleave
  • White Dove
    White Dove

I know what you mean, but letter writing didn't provide the social aspect that I needed so badly, so I quit after a month of it.

I got no replies at all, so after a while it felt like a complete waste of time.

Now, I look for clubs to join that interest me, like art clubs or ones that help the poor, charities and things like that.

I see instant results of my efforts to help others that way, instead of hoping to change someone over to my way of thinking and my way of living.

I find it much more satisfying and time better spent that way.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Get into community service in your area. You probably miss helping others, of which can be done without the field ministry :)

-Sab

• cult classic
    cult classic

I agree w/Sab. Many people need a sense of community and service. Field service was a huge waste of time, but there are other causes that truly fill a need.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Well, do what you have to do, but what do you call the Good News ?

cause according to the apostle paul In 1 Corinthians 15 That's not

what the WT is preachin'.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Wasblind, the "good news" I was referring to is our new light, our new good news about the Watchtower.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank God! I thought you were looking to write positive things about the Borg.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

LOL. No!!!!!! :)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My goodness I was about to suggest you come and lay on my couch for a while and we would have a nice long talk about things

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit