• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I had a Choice..

Field Service or get a Tooth Pulled..

http://downstreamer.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/stooges_teeth.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• mamalove
    mamalove

I was just thinking the other day how I probably have lost a pound or two avoiding Tim Hortons and Dunkin Donuts for our break.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

You could start going door to door selling Avon . Between houses stop in at the local gas station for a donut and cup of coffee !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I miss field circus about as much as I miss worrying myself sick about the upcoming Christmas music and lights, having to dress up and act like a robot, and not knowing whether I will be back home at noon or at 7 PM. Or, worrying about what stupid, harebrained, and possibly even illegal and damaging ideas they are going to come up with in any Kingdumb Misery now (thank those posters who will happily post them online for keeping them from doing something really outrageous).

• chickpea
    chickpea

in the words of a guy trying to describe to us
    the absolute horror of trying to drive on the
    I-35 corridor between austin and san antonio

i'd rather take a beating

• Curtains
    Curtains

my sympathies on not being allowed to share in field service. I hope you have much joy in your new field service activity.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Can you imagine how embarrassing FS would be now after the pedophile scandals, internet expose info, and all the X-JW's telling people it is a cult?

Think About It

• Bitch on Parade
    Bitch on Parade

chickpea: My first time driving for an extended period of time, I drove that stretch going from San Antonio to the district assembly in Belton. I had to do it with my mother backseat driving.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I was in field service yesterday and felt like a complete idiot. We worked a college neighborhood, and there was a big home game yesterday. These folks were happy, smiling, laughing, flirting with each other, all getting ready to go to the game etc.. Being completely honest, I envied them. Here I am walking up the street with this old pioneer/elder discussing how we can encourage the friends. Meanwhile I was getting more discouraged with every second being with him. Beautiful college girls everywhere and this old dude boring the hairs off my face. Listening to him was like watching paint dry or toenails grow. One thing about college neighborhoods, they're more receptive to JWs in the sense of accepting the literature. Which is often more than you can ever expect from other neighborhoods. Don't expect anything to transpire from a RV with college folks though. They're nice young people, but they're not stupid. What they lack in experience, they make up for with research on the internet, which is very damning to proWT/JW spin control. The only good thing I got out of field service yesterday was a little bit of mild exercise walking a ton of steps, and young eye candy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit