Asked a co-worker to join Egg and me for my BD dinner...

by White Dove 64 Replies latest social relationships

• White Dove
    White Dove

She is the best daughter anyone could hope to have. She worked hard for the money she spent to make my night special.

Of course, she didn't have to, but wow, she's the best!

Here's what gets me about this episode: He can take rides, never turns them down, but he can't get it together enough to give an answer to a very nice invitation.

Me and relationships with men? All that says is that I have met men who have been completely incompatible with me. That's all. I've only been in one romantic relationship in my life and was married to him for 8 years.

What? You never met a lot of women who were not compatible with you?

We've all met lots of people through the years who were not meant to spend much time with us.

• tec
    tec

Here's what gets me about this episode: He can take rides, never turns them down, but he can't get it together enough to give an answer to a very nice invitation.

Here is what I would do. Completely ignore what he did; continue to be your normal cheerful and helpful self. (unless you don't want to stop and give him rides anymore, then you can not 'notice' him.) Act like it never happened. Maybe that lets him off the hook - but maybe that also makes him think he was an idiot to avoid the question and you over such a small matter, afterward. So maybe then he'll stop being weird.

Tammy

• White Dove
    White Dove

Finally, someone with a helpful idea! Thank you so much, Tammy.

It turns out that he and I both start work tomorrow at 11am.

That means that I would indeed pass him on the street on the way.

I'll try your idea, Tammy, and see where it leads in the future.

I've given him absolutely no reason for not liking me as a co-worker any less than anyone else that works there.

I'm normal, for heaven's sake! I'm a nice person, polite, bubbly and cheerful.

So, this is a mystery.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You sound like such a lovely person White Dove ... its this guy's loss that he didnt get to spend a nice evening with you. I agree with Tammy act like it never happened and as if you are unfazed and if he has struggles well,thats his problem he should have been more polite.

For the future ...dont think of settling for anything less than someone who will adore you (long term I mean) ...he will be out there its just the trick of finding him....

Loz x

• tec
    tec

You're welcome, White Dove - and don't forget to listen to Loz's advice too :)

Keep us posted so we can try and help. And as always - BE SAFE!!!

Tammy

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm all misty eyed! You guys are great:) Thank you so much. Good ideas and reassurance are priceless. I'd love to meet a really good guy, but they are like diamonds, hard to find.

Bubbly and cheerful people might be a turn off to those who'd rather pout and fight. I don't yell or fight with anyone, ever. That's got to be a turn off for some, I guess.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I'm gonna post a poem I wrote White Dove to tell you how I found my wonderful man.... its a bit simple and silly but a true story....

The sticky divorce was over and done

Plenty of stress ..yet nobody won

What to do with myself now I’m all on my own?

Too much time wasted to sit and to moan…

The kids all grown up and doing their ‘thing’

And here’s me waiting for the damn phone to ring

Too young for knitting, for bridge or tea dances

But too old for clubbing and taking my chances

A friend came up with a real bright idea

‘Hey.!.Go on the net ..it’s cool there I hear !’

Famous last words they turned out to be

As onto the date site I went to see

‘I cant do this - it’s too creepy and sad’

‘You can’ said my friend ‘you’ll meet Mr Right and be (ever so) glad’

So just for a laugh or to find a soul mate

I signed myself up to look for a date

Well the ones that I met came in all shapes and sizes

But too many six packs from gym exercises

Or tiny and squeaky with small hands and feet

With moles on their arms or too eager to meet..

One bloke couldn’t use a fork and a knife

Another went on ‘bout his awful ex wife…….…………

Then …out of the blue… one day the next year

A message popped up and it’s immediately clear

That the guy who had sent it came on a white horse

Handsome and kind and soooo funny… ‘of course’

He rode into my life and into my heart

I’ll keep you updated ….this is only the start……..

I married him this year!

Loz x

• White Dove
    White Dove

What a wonderful story! I do have that attitude about finding someone on an Internet site. It's weird. They're weird. It won't work. Lalalalala...

I'll try Plenty of Fish. It's free.

The helpful safety tips that other sites have include a coffee house for 20 minutes for the first date.

Any more time than that and it gets to be an interview and TMI for a first date.

That's what they said.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Loz, that was terrific! Congratulations to you both!

Love,
    Baba.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Plenty of Fish is good ...just be very selective and chat plenty online before short date...but stay safe and have a someone knowing where you are etc at all times...to be honest I had a fair few lunches that were ok....just put up a nice pic and see who comes along....

Thanks Baba Yaga

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit