Asked a co-worker to join Egg and me for my BD dinner...

by White Dove 64 Replies latest social relationships

• White Dove
    White Dove

He's a guy and upon request, he gave me his e-mail address so he could give me a yes or a no to my invitation to join us tonight for dinner.

After I asked him if he'd like to join us, he snickered and said I don't know. Give me a couple of hours to think about it.

I asked him four hours later if he had decided, yet, but he hadn't even thought about it yet.

I said that it's not a test question, no right or wrong answer.

He asked where and I said it's a nice place uptown.

He said that he needed to think about it because of the dress up thing.

I said he didn't need to dress up, that just slacks and a nice shirt would do.

That was two days ago, and I haven't heard back from him, yet, although I did e-mail him so he could let me know.

I'm the wheels for the evening, so I needed to know so I could pick him up, or not.

Does no answer (seems like avoidance) mean no, or is there some other excuse that might (wanna say rescue his ass but won't say it) be plausible?

How do guys think when confronted with such an invitation and then himm and haw over answering?

Women are thinking about having to endure the person, but what about men?

• asilentone
    asilentone

sorry he is not into you.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have dealt with some situations like that for some reasons, it happens.

• tec
    tec

My instincts say that unless he had to think about whether he had other plans or not... then no, he is not interested. Or at least, if he WAS interested, he would have given you an answer by now.

Tammy

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

If he really cared, he would have gotten back to you much more promptly. I'd say don't bother with him. Hang with folks who actually care...

V665

• White Dove
    White Dove

He probably thought it was a date, or something. I was just asking him as a friend to join us on my special day as I don't have any friends here, yet.

They take time and work to develop. I make efforts with both men and women. At least I try to have the guts to make friends with men as well as women.

Took a truck load to ask him to join us.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Sorry, White Dove, he's not what he appeared to be. I'm with Vampire... spend time with folks who care and who take the time to reply!

But more importantly...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Love,
    Baba.

• tec
    tec

Oh White Dove, I totally missed that.

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

And good on you for having the courage to ask him. Never mind his 'avoidance'. Keep doing what you're doing.

Tammy

• asilentone
    asilentone

improvise, improvise, improvise. Go to the next guy or gal.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Happy birthday, White Dove!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit