Asked a co-worker to join Egg and me for my BD dinner...

by White Dove 64 Replies latest social relationships

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    After I asked him if he'd like to join us, he snickered and said I don't know.

That would have been enough to put me off.

W

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@Broken Promises,

Remember what I told you the last time I saw you commenting on one of White Dove's threads?
    Here's a clue:

V665

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The guy gave you plenty of clues that he wasn't interested in being friends with you. Even before you asked him to your bd dinner.

Outlaw, we all have our crosses to bear. Being deaf or divorced doesn't make a person special. If she wants to be treated normally, she will be treated normally, like any full-hearing person.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Now, I could be wrong, of course, but it seems likely that he's too chicken to see me at work so soon after wimping out with nary a word.

It could be that he reads this board and is wary of saying anything after the "walk in the park guy".

• White Dove
    White Dove

He's not a JW. Being treated normally is being treated kindly. Rude people are not the norm, thank goodness. The annonimity of this board gives some people the idea that it's okay to speak rudely.

He's not strange sometimes and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. That takes time.

Erratic is the word I was looking for. I don't like to judge people too quickly on whether I want to spend time with them or not.

Could have been a bad day or this or that.

Now, I know for sure.

I thought it was a nice gesture to invite him to be a part of my special day.

I know I feel honored when I'm invited to someone's party or whatever.

My complaint was the lack of letting me know one way or another if he wanted to attend, as I have the car but no phone to communicate with.

E-mails are too unreliable if an answer is left to the last minute...or not at all. I was checking mine a lot closer to time to go and that was time consuming. That really is a deaf thing, the communication method.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Broken Promises... what the hell? (and I mean that sincerely.)

Truly,
    Baba.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Being treated normally is being treated kindly.

Actually it's about 50/50.

The annonimity of this board gives some people the idea that it's okay to speak rudely.

Well, really it's ANY internet forum. And honesty is often mistaken for rudeness, particularly if someone doesn't like brutal truth clothed in satire.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I find that brutal truth clothed in satire not fitting for this conversation. It doesn't match the tone of the thread.

He's never turned down a ride for work. I don't like to pass friends/co-workers on the road when going to the same place at the same time.

It's not nice. Sometimes he really is nice. He's so erratic in his behavior that I can't figure it out. I'm just giving up on it now.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I find that brutal truth clothed in satire not fitting for this conversation. It doesn't match the tone of the thread.

Ooops for you then.

It's not nice. Sometimes he really is nice. He's so erratic in his behavior that I can't figure it out. I'm just giving up on it now.

You and men seem to have a difficult relationship. Just food for thought.

• tec
    tec

I'm glad you had a good dinner with your daughter, White Dove.

I also found the 'upscale' comment rude. Perhaps it was done without thinking and therefore unintentional, but then perhaps a cease and desist would be in order.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit