Favorite Quotes

by brotherdan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~ Maria Robinson

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker. " - Ogden Nash

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wise men make proverbs but fools repeat them

• St George of England
    St George of England

"To be born an Englishman means you have already won first prize in the lottery of life." - Cecil Rhodes

George

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

"You can't be mad at God, and not believe he exists at the same time."

"Don't render the sword of truth ineffective, by weilding it with frustration or harshness."

God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer. ~Mother Teresa

SBC, Love Mark Twain.

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." — Mark Twain.

• cult classic
    cult classic

"We may pass violets looking for roses. We may pass contentment looking for victory."

-Cult Classic

Just kidding

- Bern Williams

• AGuest
    AGuest

Another, if I may (peace to you all!):

"Often times the search... proves more profitable than the goal." Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler? (E. L. Koningsberg's "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler," one of my favorites as a child)

Peace!

SA, on her own...

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

To live only for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.
    Robert M. Pirsig

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.
    Winston Churchill

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Here's a funny:

"You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose BUT you can't wipe your friends off on the back of the couch!"

V665

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

"We thought that we had the answers, it was the questions we had wrong. " - Bono

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Speaking of Hunter S. Thompson...

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit