Favorite Quotes

by brotherdan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

We all talk about the negatives about the ugly face of the Watchtower that I thought I would start a 'happy' thread.

What are some of your favorite non-WT quotes?

Here's a good one to start:

You cannot be, I know, nor do I wish to see you, an inactive spectator. ... We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them.
    —Abigail Adams

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Another favorite:

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."
    M.K. Gandhi

• zoiks
    zoiks

"I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary."

- Abraham Simpson

• Think About It
    Think About It

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Think About It

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

"Most ideas are a dime a dozen. One good one, however, may be worth a dozen dimes."

My grandfather.

Len

• snowbird
    snowbird

"What goes over the Devil's back, laps under his belly."

Meaning: What goes around, comes around.

Daisy Hunter Ratcliffe (1883-1987), my maternal grandmother.

Syl

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle."

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

Mr. Emerson in 'A Room With A View'

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

"Calm waters don't make good sailors."

- Can't remember

• AGuest
    AGuest

Along with BroDan's offering (peace to you!), which I interchange with the following on my biz email signature (given my line of work), I like:

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” - Ambrose Redmoon

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit