My Very First Thread Criticizing the WTS....................

by Judge Dread 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

The studies with potential converts aren't Bible studies either.

They're Watchtower literature studies where a few Bible proof-texts are quoted.

The focus is on the organization and its spin.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Think, coco, ex, soldier, palm, thank you for your comments.

Most here know what I'm talking about and I'm sorry for getting so emotional, but I really just want to weep.

I think I know how the loyal Israelites felt under the rulership of all those evil kings, and how it must have felt to be under the "rules" of the Pharisees.

JDW

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Actually, thank you all for your comments.

JDW

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Hi palmtree, I too was raise with the heavy indoctrination growing up that the book study was going to be the last resort type of communication that we recieve after the Great Tribulation starts. I too was blown away when they decided to eliminate that. It was like, wait? WTF? I thought... Huh? That makes no sense according to what you've been preaching all these years...

I was such a fool....

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If you wanted to get together with your friends regularly on Tuesday and just read the Bible, it would be heavily frowned upon or stopped altogether. We used to get together with others to study the Watchtower on Friday nights in preperation for the Sunday meeting and we were told to stop. So instead we got together and didn't study the Watchtower..so that was OK.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I've done alot of thinking and speculating as to why the BS was ended. For years as everyone has said, we were told it would be the only place to get information during the GT. I started to think that it was that we had to take our spirituality as a family more seriously, since we likely would only have our family to fellowship with. Well, guess it worked. Many of us are waking up the fact that we don't need a talmud or a "big mother" organisation to tell us what to do. We have the same bible and no more of less holy spirit than the next worshiper.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    We used to get together with others to study the Watchtower on Friday nights in preperation for the Sunday meeting and we were told to stop.

ex,

We had that also. I never went, but my daughter did, along with many other young ones.

Thanks. I had forgotten about it.

JDW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's bizarre with the reduction that they renamed it from Book Study to Bible Study. Obviously, it isn't really a "Bible Study". The only thing they have that even comes close in all the meetings is the Bible Highlights. Yet that is a tiny part of the overall meeting schedule and commenters are routinely reminded to keep their comments under 30 seconds. Are you kidding me? Setting restrictive time limits on consideration of Bible verses earlier in the meeting so that 15 boring minutes can be wasted later in the meeting on how to make enough eye contact with the householder to engage them but not too much to creep them out? Followed by a 10 minute part on the importance of attending all the meetings? Yet there's only about 5 minutes of looking at a section of Bible verses?

Really?

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((WarLock)))))))

Just a little while longer ...

Syl

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

The greatest enemy to the friends in Kingdom Halls throughout the world is not Satan or governments or the world, or the flesh, but their own Governing Body. They are being killed from within something much more devastating than anything else because it comes from an unexpected place! Twisted love is evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit