I've been busted here...just so ya know

by AwSnap 47 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Sooner or later everyone's number comes up. I'm just waiting...

V665

• AGuest
    AGuest

according to this thread, anonymous posters are getting outed left and right by revealing a few details,

and I use my real name and tell my complete story, and yet I've met NO ONE that I knew in my past jw life.

Great comment, dear JB (peace to you!)... and I'm with you. I have to say that I have always marveled at those who say they are out, through, done... the "Society" has no more hold on them... they don't care who knows it, etc., and yet post soley using a pseudonym. I get it for those who are still in and/or still have family/loved ones in. Or maybe a job that might be risked. And such ones usually state that.

But for those who supposedly aren't touching a doggone "thing" there... I truly don't get it.

Unless... maybe... oh, no, it couldn't be. I mean, you think maybe they're ashamed... of US??! Of being associated with such a board and it's... well, all of "us", what, off-the-wall (to put it kindly) posters?

I've always said: come out, come out... wherever you are. Because you're not really free unless you do (and, for some, even then)...

Ah, well, what can you do?

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

It's not that I'm ashamed of you, Aguest . I just prefer to keep this aspect of my life a bit quieter. I've already gone through the shunning by one family member. So far, everyone else in my family lets me do my own thing. They know I celebrate holidays (despite the fact that I was baptized and never DF'd or DA'd).

But we all know they're in a high mind control cult. Mention the word APOSTATE, and they get visions of people foaming at the mouth with crazy bloodshot eyes. lol. I'm happy with the way my life is right now, so I'll try to keep it that way.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I would say a favorite past time of many JW busybody/gossipers is playing JWN slueth and Facebook snoop trying to get some "apostacy" dirt against people.

Think About It

• moshe
    moshe
    and I use my real name and tell my complete story, and yet I've met NO ONE that I knew in my past jw life.

Some people are coated with teflon- too slippery to get caught!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Aguest,

I became aquainted with the JW's through d2d contact, and a Bible study. I almost allowed these folks to destroy my life. No , I don't have any familiy in. I have nothing personal to lose by outing myself.

The reason I don't out myself on the board is because I got work to do. I love this site because it gives me what I need, in order to do what I set out to do. Because I'm not a baptisted JW they continue to come to my house thinkin' they can get me back. They just don't know, that my placing doubt might pull them out, if not, steal their zeal

Everybody got their own way of doin' things, I have mine and you have yours, I know that you always end your post with, peace to you and a slave of christ but those sentiments don't seem to be heart felt at all. You seem to come off critical of others if they don't follow your expectations.

Why is it so important to you and others that people out themselves, I thought when people left the JW's, they had the freedom to choose.

Yes there's probably some Bethel troll out there reading my post, and they will probably crack down on visiting old bible studies, when they do we know they are trollin' this site for sure. In the mean time, my work ain't done

Aguest, you won't find any peace, in tryin' to make people come up to your expectations

From a sinner who christ came to save

Peace

• AwSnap
  • wasblind
    wasblind

BTW, I became an unbaptised publisher in the cong I attended

a couple of years before I quit.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Why is it so important to you and others that people out themselves

It's not important, dear wasblind (peace... and honestly... to you... sincerely)... only curious.

I thought when people left the JW's, they had the freedom to choose.

You are correct. They absolutely do. And you obviously have your reasons for your choice, which is not my place to judge (which I don't) or even question (which I did). My sincere apologies, and, again... and truly... peace to you.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest AwSnap... peace to you and I totally understand. I truly wasn't ask as to those who HAD reasons; my curiousity was with regard to those who say they don't. No worries - as dear Wasblind pointed out, it really isn't any of my business.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit