This Riddle reminds me of the WTBTS

by 3dogs1husband 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

I dont know how well this riddle will work in written form, this reminds me so much of the round and round reasoning JW (my mom) uses daily.

Three men go skiing, and forgot to book their hotel rooms. They find a hotel with only one room left, and the three agree to take it and share. The Price is 30 dollars, each man pays 10 dollars, and they go to their room. When they arrive they discover the room is very dirty, and they call down to the front desk and complain. The hotel manager feels bad and tells the bell hop to return 5 dollars to the men for their troubles. The bell hop finds himself outside the room, and can not figure out how to return 5 dollars to 3 men. So instead he gives them each 1 dollar back and keeps 2 for himself.

So the men each paid 9 dollars for their room

9 x 3 = 27 dollars

the bell hop kept 2 dollars

27 + 2 = 29 dollars

Where did the missing dollar go?

• Ding
    Ding

Methinks the 2 should have been SUBTRACTED from the 27 to arrive at the real total paid, 25.

However, if you take that number, 29, and multiply it by 66 (the number of books in the Bible), you get 1914, which proves that the WTBTS is the faithful and discreet slave and that Armageddon is just around the corner....

Now, could I please have that missing dollar?

• thaisun
  • thaisun
    thaisun

So this the first "Theocratic Joke"!

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Ding you are tooo smart, and I am afraid that your interstupidtation is not aproved - this type of free thinking outside the lines of my round and round reasoning will not be tollerated. And your dollar has been donated on your behalf to a great world wide work. (hmmm we pay for the literature, get donations, pay for our Halls with intrest to the WTBTS,on halls they own the deeds to, pay for our assemblies, what does the society pay for again?????) If you will just get on board and try harder to believe with your whole heart you will clearly see how the missing dollar is the link to the last generation, the overlapping one with the millions that will never die. It is just so exhusting to have to explain this over and over again. I hope you get "it" this time!

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow ding,,that was good,,I think the GB need to hire you about their "numbers" problem and somehow fix it. They sure need help,,their numbers are in a problem and generations 'overlapping' needs a whole lot of straigtening out also.

• moshe
    moshe

I can't argue with that logic, Ding.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome 3dogs1husband. What's your story?

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Welcome!

tt

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Okay I have seen some "new light" and must say that Dings post

However, if you take that number, 29, and multiply it by 66 (the number of books in the Bible), you get 1914, which proves that the WTBTS is the faithful and discreet slave and that Armageddon is just around the corner....

However at the time when Ding stated these facts he was infact not inline with the current Teachings and Understanding of the riddle and will still be shunned by all his family and friends untill such times as he finds that the dollar is indeed missing and understands that he needs to go thru the right channels, then we MAY reinstate him.

Thanks for the comic relief. My story: LOOONG time stalker on the site. Short time posting. One day I got tired of the only ony 2 states of mind being a JW can bring a person. Pride in doing all the right things, and (my usual state) Depression from falling so short. Not to mention the feelings of Fear. I had some personal health issues at a young age that brought up feelings and emotions at a very young age that most never have to think about, which I think made me an Old Soul. Never Fully gave the WT my brain, although I tried really really hard to. 12 years married to the most awesome guy, long story, but both large JW families and we are trying to Fade..... we will see how that turns out for us! Thanks for asking.

And Ding thanks for letting me pick on you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit