Apostacy - according to the new elder book

by EndofMysteries 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

A judicial committee should not
    be formed for prebaptism wrongdoing

Around 1988 the WTS changed its treatment of "unbaptized publishers" previously called "approved associates." Before then they would form a JC and they could be booted and treated like baptized jws. So I gather this is a "clarification" for elders that don't read too well.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Then that settles it. I've been postponing talking to my mom about my position because I didn't want to hurt her "controled" mind. She considers me only a fader, but in reality I have no desire whatsoever to belong to this Organization anymore. I've been inactive for 4 1/2 years, and she still hopes I'll be back. Then today, I finally wrote her a letter regarding my stand. Yes a letter, I always feel it is how I express myself better and avoid confrontation. She lives about 20 minutes away from me, but she is going out of town, to visit my brother and for my niece's wedding, and I decided to send the letter over to my brother's house. I thought that she might not want to be alone or around me when she gets this letter.

I guess I am considered an apostate then, because of "standing away" and "abandoning" the "truth". So what's next? I don't know, but I finally got it out of my system. I can't be happy and feel totally fulfilled if I keep holding in how I feel. We'll see.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    A judicial committee should not
    be formed for prebaptism wrongdoing

So the obvious course of action is simply to NOT get baptised?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Comments inserted...

16. Apostasy: Apostasy is a standing away from true worship, a falling away, defection, rebellion, abandonment. (Since WT isn't publishing "truth", wouldn't they be the apostates for standing away from truth?) lt includes the following:
    • Celebrating false religious holidays: (Ex. 32:4-6; Jer. 7: 16-19) Not all holidays directly involve false religion and require judicial action. (Good news! Birthdays don't involve false religion.)
    • Participation in interfaith activities: (2 Cor.6:14,15,17,18) Apostate acts include bowing before altars and images and sharing in false religious songs and prayers.-Rev. 18:2, 4. (Since JWs advocate a goodly amount of falsehood, wouldn't their opening song and prayer constitute "apostate acts"?)
    • Deliberately spreading teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jebovah's Witnesses: (This should be more correctly worded, "Deliberately spreading Bible truth, contrary to the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses.") (Acts 21 :21, ftn.; 2 John 7, 9, 10) Any with sincere doubts should be helped. Firm, loving counsel should be given. (Funny that when someone has doubts, they don't provide instruction... they provide counsel. This means that if someone were to ask, "What about this 607-1914 thing?" there would be no answer, just the counsel, "We mustn't question the teachings of the GB or we'll be destoyed and never have a pet tiger.") (2 Tim. 2:16-19,23-26; Jude 22, 23) lf one obstinately is speaking about or deliberately spreading false teachings, this may be or may lead to apostasy. If there is no response after a first and a second admonition,
    a judicial committee should be formed. (So, rather than bother with the facts about 607-1914, they can DF someone just for asking.) -Titus 3:10,11; w891O/1 p. 19; w86 4/1 pp. 30-31; w86 3/15 p. 15.
    • Causing divisions and promoting sects: (Isn't going d2d an act promoting the JW sect, thus an act of apostasy?) This would be deliberate action disrupting the unity of the congregation or undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah's arrangement. (Actually, the thing that undermines the brothers confidence in Jehovah's arrangement would be the actions and attitude of Watchtower Corp itself, as it pretends to be Jehovah's arrangement.) It may involve or lead to apostasy. (Congrats Botchtower, you are the biggest promoter of apostasy. Perhaps you should DF yourself.)-Rom. 16:17,18; Titus 3:10, 11; it-2 p. 886.
    • Continuing in employment that makes one an accomplice to or a promoter of false worship would subject one to disfellowshipping after being allowed a reasonable amount of time, perhaps up to six months, to make the needed adjustments. (Well, since being a JW publisher would be promoting WT false worship, one has the "reasonable allowance" of six months to stop preaching, or they are considered one of Satan's minions. Conveniently, when one has stopped preaching WT lies for six months, they become an "inactive" JW. Serendipity Baby!) -w99 4/15 pp. 28-30; km 9/76 pp. 3-6.
    • The practice of spiritism. (Since the Governing Body of the FDS claims to be God's channel, and "channel" is a spiritistic expression indicating possession by or communication from spirit forces through human mediums, the GB is practicing spiritism for "channelling" and should be DFd.) -Deut. 18:9-13; 1 Cor.10:21, 22; Gal. 5:20.
    • Idolatry: (1 Coro 6:9, 10; 10:14) Idolatry includes the use of images, including pictures, in false religious worship. (Uh-oh. Botchtower's false religious litteratrash is full of pictures, including pictures of the GB. Think of WT Art Department as Image Services.)

• freydo
    freydo

Deliberately spreading teacbings contrary
    to Bible trutb as taugbt by Jebovab's Witnesses:

ie - questioning papal infallibility & - and the rest of the wt college of cardinals - gb

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I used to worry about being disfellowshipped but now I have virtually no 'fellowship' with any of my former friends.

My wife is still in so I am not sure if they would come after me. I keep my views to myself and don't celebrate any religious holidays, etc. But who knows, I have come across some crazy actions by body of elders over the years; I was even party to some of them.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is nothing in this section to say that asking a question is apostasy.

The nearest excuse they might be able to pull out is this one, ".... undermining the confidence of the brothers in Jehovah's arrangement.", but how do they explain that asking a question could possibly undermine confidence in Jehovah's arrangement?

This is why DFs are done in private. They don't want to made to look like a bunch of fools in front of the congregation.

This is also why you shouldn't question a stroppy JW family member in private.... Always have other people to witness whatever bullying, diverting, character assassinating etc. your Dub employs to avoid your question. Make it a good one.

Tell them nothing. They do call that apostasy. Don't break their 'rules'.

Instead...

Question

Question

Question

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    thanksgiving
    How many JWs would cook turkey anyway on that holiday?

My Ex had a loophole, she left it to unbelieving me to do the turkey. As long as she didn't make the main course, it seemed to be acceptable in her eyes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit