Apostacy - according to the new elder book

by EndofMysteries 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

The point in the Bible about defiling one's self and dirtying up the temple of the body is what COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH, BECAUSE WHAT GOES IN IS A-OKAY.

The point of not becoming a SLAVE to addictive substances is to not become addicted to it so that it becomes number one in one's life, thereby crowding out time for more important things.

That means that hookah and pot should be okay as long as one doesn't become addicted to them, which is a little difficult to do for a lot of people.

Pot may become legal later, so at that time it won't be violating U.S. law (caesars became extinct a long time ago, so I don't use that term anymore).

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

So if you meet all these requirements there is a chance you are the Anti Christ.

I like my chances!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

On the holiday thang does that mean JW's can now celebrate MARCH 14th?

If so there will be a lot of happy brothers.

• White Dove
    White Dove

This is what stood out for me: ...the truth as taught by JW's.

Cult cult cult cult cult...ad nauseum.

As for the holiday "thang," I didn't read it as saying that the non-religious things were okay.

I read it as saying that some are not religiously based but need a JC just the same as the ones that are.

Can you imagine it meaning that some are okay? Nah, me, neither.

• moshe
    moshe
    For instance, the wrongdoer may have been deceptive

That pretty much includes the GB and the entire WT writing dept, doesn't it?

• caliber
    caliber

Apostasy: Apostasy is a standing away from
    true worship, a falling away, defection, rebellion,
    abandonment

What do you all think ?? Does the above statement mean that the WT could go after faders for standing away or

abondonment.... Can passive standing away constitute the same thing as actively working against the WT ??

Could offensive action be taken against someone who simply chooses to leave quietly ?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Caliber - they probably want to 'protect the flock' so one who does abandonment, will probably still talk to relatives and friends and may show them some lies, so they now have an excuse to DF them for apostacy.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Why does the Witchtower constantly quote a law that is NO LONGER FOR CHRISTIANS??

All the festivals and holidays except the modern ones, are religious in origin.

Why do they put aside the words of theapostle Paul?

"Do not let anyone judge you with regard to what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a new moon celebration or a Sabbath day... Why do you still submit to rules.. "do not handle do not taste, do not touch" Collossians 2.

Romans 14;5,.

But NOOOO the witlesses only worship the WTBTS.

YET as their own translation says, every man who celebrates a festival celebrates it "To Jehovah"

Incidentally the new Moon was NOT a jewish festival prescribed by Moses. So paul is not just talking to Jwish Christians.

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So I guess I'm an apostate. I put up Christmas lights--and a proper Christmas tree. I actively put up lights in the apartment hall. I have a Ouija board and will not get rid of it. And I bash the religion on forums like this, along with not recommending it to anyone else.

I suppose that, on the other hand, if you molest children and do not get caught (or do not have two witnesses to the event), or kidnap children and rape them (and do not have the requisite two witnesses), or kill and eat a baby and do not get busted by the law, you are OK. However, putting up some strings of Christmas lights and garland, or expressing a viewpoint that something like the 607 doctrine or the "a generation" teaching might be faulty, is the epitome of evil.

• Room 215
    Room 215

tragic, to thinks some people build their lives around such pronouncements

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit