Apostacy - according to the new elder book

by EndofMysteries 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

19. If the authorities request confidential congregation
    records or ask that elders give testimony regarding
    confidential congregation matters, the elders
    should promptly telephone the branch office.

• undercover
    undercover
    Not all holidays directly involve false religion and require judicial action.
    ...that means that the 4th of July, thanksgiving, can prob be celebrated huh? unless they are tied to religion

And if you use what I call the "pinata defense" you can justify celebrating Halloween as well. It might have its roots in 'paganism' but what does it mean to us today? Dressing up in costumes, going to party's, carving pumpkins, giving candy to kids. Nothing overtly involving false religion there.

I could even make the same argument for xmas. I know atheists who celebrate xmas on a grand scale. To them, it's a secular holiday. They decorate, they put lights, they give gifts and throw parties...but there's no baby in a manger, no 3 wise men, no star on the tree, no going to mass. It's just a time to party and give gifts. Parts of how they celebrate it is how I like to enjoy it as well.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

so prebaptism murder, rape or child molestation doesn't require a JC, but if you get baptised and buy a few lottery tickets, have a few cigarettes or go to a few xmas parties you do have a JC...

that's perfect justice in action, godly wisdom at it's best. It is truly the most intelligent way to select the best people for the new system

mmxiv

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The committee should be careful to allow sufficient
    time, perhaps many months, a year, or even
    longer, for the disfellowshipped person to prove that
    his profession of repentance is genuine. (ad p. 156;
    it-2 p. 771) The committee should be especially cautious
    in some cases. For instance, the wrongdoer
    may have been deceptive, may have secretly practiced
    wrongdoing over a long period of time, or may
    have been repeatedly dealt with judicially in the past
    for the same or other wrongdoing. Quickly reinstating
    such a person may embolden others to commit
    serious sin, as they may feel that little or no
    diSCipline will be administered.

- That shows it's "fear of man" vs "Love and fear of God" as what they feel is the motivator in doing what's right. wow

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Misuse of tobacco or addictive drugs

(2 Cor. 7:1; Mark

15:23; Rev. 21:8, Int.; 22:15, Int. )

This one makes you think... it is either use of tobacco or addictive drugs or misuse which implies that as long as you don't over do it is ok?

• booby
    booby

Yup. Use tobacco or addictive drugs in a proper way and you are just fine, no problemo.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "... so prebaptism murder, rape or child molestationdoesn't require a JC, but if you get baptised and buy a few lottery tickets, have a few cigarettes or go to a few xmas parties you do have a JC...
    that's perfect justice in action, godly wisdom at it's best. It is truly the most intelligent way to select the best people for the new system ..."

Ha, ha... Thanks, MMXIV, for pointing that out... I was wondering about that, myself...

Zid

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

On apostacy:

Deliberately spreading teacbings contrary to Bible truth as taugbt by Jebovab's Witnesses:

I love that rider 'As taught by JW's'?!?

its like they recognize that they are full of shit but as long as THEY teach it, its right...GTFOH!

• Ding
    Ding

Does this mean Santa Claus and reindeer (non-religious) are okay but a nativity scene (religious) is not? Strange way to honor Jesus...

What about birthdays? They're not religious, are they?

And what about Casimir Pulaski Day?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I personally like "Talk Like a Pirate Day" in September.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit