Yahweh's Witnesses

by brotherdan 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

I think a cursory reading of the New Testament would give us a clear picture of the glaring lack of emphasis on the Divine Name, YHWH, and a huge emphasis on the name of Jesus, which contains the divine name anyway, in its meaning.

1 Thessalonians, for example, even in the NWT mentions Jehovah 3 times and Jesus or Christ 18 times. Christians were named Christians for a reason--they bore witness to the name of Jesus. The Israelites had obviously failed in bearing witness to YHWH, but now the chance was being given for God to be viewed as the God of everyone, not just Israel, and Jesus was the way to do that. This emphasis on the divine name is a bit of a false foundation on which to measure true Christians by in itself, as the original true Christians were as obsessed with the name Jesus as Jehovah's Witnesses are with the name Jehovah.

Reading the appendix in Jason David BeDuhn's book (Truth in Translation) about the NWT's improper use of Jehovah in the New Testament might be insightful on this.

-sd-7

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone used the word Yahweh in a prayer at the kingdom hall instead of using jehovah?

I think that would be just swell.

I hereby put out the challenge to any and all active JWs on this forum who have penises and are therefore allowed to speak aloud a prayer to the Almighty Invisible One in a public place....the challenge being: use the name Yahweh in your prayer and report back to the forum that it has indeed been accomplished.

We eagerly await your report...

Cheers,

The Oracle

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yes JWs use the word Jehovah as if it had magical powers. I remember being told to say Jehovah as a kid by a friend's mom after she made us leave a supposedly demonic movie.

• Chalam
    Chalam

You can't restore an original with a substitute word. It's no longer a "restoration".

I made the case for restoring "Yahweh" to a couple of JWs but they thought "jehovah" was a much better idea.

Moreover, they've made the word into a Talisman, of sorts, IMHO.

Agreed, an unlucky one at that

"Father" is perfect for us kids.

Galatians 3:26 (New International Version)

26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus

Faith in the WT make one a son of "jehovah".

Blessing in Christ,

Stephen

• Black Sheep
  • ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

You guys have already hit the nail on the head... Jehovah is the most powerful word in Enochian Magic and Freemasonry. Demons (negative entities which could also reside in people) live off the emotion of fear because it is the opposite of love. What the Watchtower does is they have a way, through Satanic ritual and using the name Jehovah as a Talisman, of using the fear-charged "worship" energy that's generated in the dubs with all this programming and mind control. It works the same way with sports and money, etc. Misusing the energy for selfish purposes this way is very, very evil and carries great consequences!! The dubs and even most people have no idea how they're being used and abused because the science of this is kept hidden from the mainstream. William Cooper (martyred) had top security clearance as a Naval Officer, and went into great detail about how this works in his book "Behold a Pale Horse". Once these things becomes known, control by the dark elite will be a thing of the past.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

To be a witness to YHWH ( whether you choose to use Yahweh or Yehweh or Jahweh or Jehweh or even Jehovah) is to be aprt of the old covenant.

To be part of the New Covenant we must accpeted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour and be witnesses to HIM, JESUS, as per Acts Chapter 1 verse 8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit