Yahweh's Witnesses

by brotherdan 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

just curious, who judged you?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Witnesses judge everyone that does not agree with their use of the name. They also condemn the bible translators that do not choose to use that name.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Witnesses judge everyone that does not agree with their use of the name. They also condemn the bible translators that do not choose to use that name.

Yes, for the JWs, the word "Jehovah" is a litmus test for correct belief. If the word "Jehovah" is not used in prayer, then God does not listen, etc. Moreover, they've made the word into a Talisman, of sorts, IMHO.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, as my former circuit overseer once said, "Jehovah's Witnesses killed Jesus." In which case, maybe it's better for His sake if they're pronouncing it wrong, eh? Might be able to disavow any connection.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I find it interesting too that in the divine name brochure they say that when Jesus would read the Septuigent, he would've come across the divine name and read it in Hebrew.

If that's true, then why do we INSIST on an English pronunciation? If Jesus was reading from the Greek and he used the Hebrew form of the divine name, then shouldn't we do the same?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

brotherdan: If only we knew exactly how JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH pronounced his Father's name.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Exactly. So since we don't, why use an obviously wrong version of it? If my name is Dan and someone called me "Nad", I'd be pissed because while using the correct letters...it's not my name. I'd rather you call me nothing than use the wrong name.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"...they've made the word into a Talisman, of sorts, IMHO"

Talisman, like an IDOL you mean..

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Don't you know that if you say "Jehovah", that is the magic word to make demons go away?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

brotherdan: Many prefer to address Him as Father, rather than a name. This makes sense, to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit