Every Governing Body Decision is from Jehovah

by B4Right 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jeehoober sock-puppet is so ahead of the curve!!! Did you know he designed a web-site and knows how to print the Kingdom Ministries?!!! Amazing!!!

DD

• flipper
    flipper
    B4RIGHT- Ask your mom if it's " Jehovah " guiding the governing body by holy spirit to NOT allow Gerrit Losch to testify in courts about WT child abuse allegations in San Diego ? Ask her if it's " Jehovah's holy spirit " that's guiding the governing body to refuse a court order to release WT documents about 24,000 pedophiles in their organization who are molesting children which the WT Society knows about ? Ask her if it's " Jehovah " who instructs elders to stand in contempt of court by refusing to disclose and share those documents to " Caesars authorities " ? You know - " God's things to God " and " pay back " Caesars things to Caesar " ? Might get her thinking ! Might cause her some cognizant dissonance as well- but that's a good thing because it will get her thinking that the GB DOEs things on it's own apart from " Jehovah's " instruction. Good luck. Peace out, mr. Flipper
  • Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    I always prided myself of being of Jehovah's witness because they knew "the truth". I used to say "if mormons had the truth, I would be a mormon." I guess I was a specific case but I randomly came across some information, I think it was the Watchtower losing their first pedophile case and I dove in from there. I shortly decided to leave even though I didn't until a year later. I always thought that we should receive information with an unbiased mindset.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

About 30 years ago, while visiting my parents, I asked both of them at the same time if God was directing the Watchtower?

At exactly the same time my Dad says "No." and my Mom says "Yes".

'You shoulda seen the 'holy shite' look pass between them.

I'm like 'uh huh'.

It actually doesn't matter what the answer is to that question.

If it is "Yes" than either Jeehoopla is f'ing with the Watchtower by constantly telling them wrong stuff or they are dumb asses and not 'getting' it right. Why subject oneself to this wackiness? As a JW you're on the front lines and you're going to have to defend this BS when you are challenged. How can you call this The Truth when it's wrong and constantly changing?

If it is "No", then why follow them? - they are just another religion making up crap as they go along. Just like all religion has done since it's inception

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Magical thinking is the attribution of causal relationships between actions and events which cannot be justified by reason and observation.

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't the only people to engage in magical thinking, but they do seem to have perfected it into an art form. It must be the cult mind control that causes them to think things must be true because they need them to be. Your mom gets her books early, which helps her, therefore Jehovah must have planned it that way. There is zero evidence that God was involved, but she looks for things that confirm her faith, while discounting things that would tend contradict her beliefs. She needs there to be a God, so she she's evidence where there is none.

I see this kind of thing everywhere, like when people's say that everything happens for a reason. What would be the reason for the holocaust then? Good things happen, bad things happen, there is no plan, nobody is at the controls, no one is ever going to be, however hard that is to accept.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Try Hebrews 7:23, 24
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

When my parents became Jehovah's Witnesses I think they accepted that we were living in the last days the sign of Christ's presence had been seen. They accepted that the Kingdom was established in 1914. I remember as a child we studied the 'Paradise book' and there is, I believe, an illustration of a baby taken up to heaven. I think I was asked about the picture and I got it wrong. It was the birth of the kingdom.

In accepting the 'good news' my parents I believe also accepted that the only ones preaching the end of the 'gentile times' were Jehovah's Witnesses particularly the remnant of the anointed ones. These I believe they, and later myself, accepted as the faithful and discreet slave class.

The book published in 1959 'Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose' tells you on page 37 that Russell believed that Jesus became invisibly present in 1874 among other things. I think they were at least somewhat aware of past things that the witnesses had said and or taught.

In the early days of them being Witnesses and my upbringing the Watchtower had this to say (I also quoted it on another thread)

'That organization for which we must look is the one that gives the proof of having God's spirit poured out upon it in these "last days" by doing the foretold prophesying, the 'preaching of this good news of God's kingdom in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations....The record points to the anointed remnant of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses.'

When they were baptised I believe that they accepted this. The same article also said this

'The spirit of the God of truth can be expected to cause a purification of the things that are preached by God's approved loyal organization. His spirit would not allow for anyone to prophesy falsehood, the preaching of lies and errors under the cloak of religion.'

I think they also accepted this. That God's approved loyal organization can expect to be purified by the spirit of truth. Changes could be made.

I don't think changes would have made them not believe that Jehovah's Witnesses were not the anointed or that they had been commissioned to do the preaching.

I think in accepting that we were in the last days, and also when my parents became witnesses the belief was that the great tribulation had started in 1914, I think we were in a different time period.

Every Governing Body Decision is from Jehovah

Maybe if it is accepted that the Governing Body is appointed as part of the anointed then in a way it is true as we don't fully understand God or his ways like why he permits wickedness or how he has always been we may not understand why he permits a decision or not.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    The Watchtower I quoted from was Watchtower 1961 page 591 'Prophesying with the Loyal Organization'
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Every Governing Body decision is from Jehovah..."

...even the decisions that contradict or invalidate the previous decisions.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

How do you convince a JW that every decision that comes from the Governing Body is not from God?

Get them to acknowledge that Jehovah IS infallible and then quote them from the FDS itself;

Watchtower of March 1, 1979 page 23, “The ‘faithful and discreet slave’ has alerted all of God’s people to the sign of the times indicating the nearness of God’s Kingdom rule. In this regard, however, it must be observed that this ‘faithful and discreet slave’ was never inspired, never perfect.”

or

Jehovah’s Witnesses – Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom, 1993, page 626, “Jehovah’s Witnesses … recognize the Watchtower magazine and kindred publications to be the ones used by the faithful and discreet slave to dispense spiritual food. They do not claim that this slave class is infallible…”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit