Every Governing Body Decision is from Jehovah

by B4Right 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• B4Right
    B4Right

How do you convince a JW that every decision that comes from the Governing Body is not from God?

My mom who is a pioneer said that the students are getting their work book a month early, then proceeded to say " Jehovah knows what we need".

For you who now know TTAT what did it take for you?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

For me, the realisation that the supposed "information from Jehovah" could change so much....

yes, seeing that the GB directives over the years have often been SO VERY wrong.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I also started a thread some time back that had some great input from our fellow forum members on this sort of topic.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/279265/faithful-discreet-slave-class-challenge-definition

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol oh i so love the dubbie mindset. Its not that ANY school tells you what books to buy and study in advance, no no, ONLY PIONEER SCHOOL (tm) does that! Lol oh my.... As a wise comedian once said "you cant fix stupid".

Im not calling your mother or any other witness stupid btw, but its a funny remark that highlights people have to want to see the obviousness of the truth. Its frustrating at times that they ascribe every little random good thing to their desert god but any negative thing is unforseen occurance or satan...

Just as superstitious as the bronze age desert people they are imitating.

• Ding
    Ding

I would show them a copy of a patently false statement published by the WT such as the following:

"True, it is expecting great things to claim, as we do, that within the coming twenty-six years all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved; but we are living in a special and peculiar time, the `Day of Jehovah,” in which matters culminate quickly; and it is written, `A short work will the Lord make upon the earth.’… In view of the strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A.D. 1914." The Time is at Hand (1903 edition), pp. 98-99

After they have read it, I would ask:

1. Did the men who published that think it came from Jehovah?

2. Did it really come from Jehovah?

If they say that is too old, you can:

a. Point out that the Bible is thousands of years old.

b. Follow the same procedure with hundreds of other asinine WT statements quoted on jwfacts.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just start doing research about the many changes in doctrine, then print them all out and put them in a file. Print the important parts of the Walsh trial too. Oh yeah, make sure to have the recent change in the FDS/belongings/domestics dogma that took over 80 years to get right! I guess Jeehoober told them something wrong, or they were not listening.

Then print out all the leaked BOE letters and WT articles about accepting JW teachings if you want to be a "true Christian" and approved association.

Casually dropping this huge file on the table is a great attention grabber.

Its pretty simple. Who F'd up and taught something wrong, Jeehoobie and Jesus, or humans in NY?? Are we obligated to believe something wrong or questionable in the "truth"???

DD

• careful
    careful
    Its not that ANY school tells you what books to buy and study in advance, no no, ONLY PIONEER SCHOOL (tm) does that!

Morpheus,

Have you been to college? That's what the professors in most classes require!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Very simple as indicated in posts above. All it takes is one example to disprove it. For example, if someone says all cats are black. All I have to do is find one cat that's not black to disprove that statement.

So, all decisions from the GB are from God? What about the pre-1995 "generation" teaching? The org itself says that teaching was wrong, so how could it have been from Jah?

• Magnum
    Magnum
    careful, Morpheus knows that. He was being sarcastic to show how crazy it is for JWs to think it's some kind of wonderful provision for them to get their books in advance..
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol sorry i forgot to put a "sarcasm alert"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit