started a firestorm on facebook

by mimimimi 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Last Friday I posted something supportive of gays on facebook - it was as follows: Put this on your status if you know or love someone who is gay. My wish is that people will understand that being gay is NOT a disease nor a choice- people who are gay are not looking for a cure but ACCEPTANCE and EQUAL RIGHTS... 93% won't copy and paste this. Will you make it your ...status for at least one hour? Prom ... ote LOVE & Acceptance! NOT hate! God says we are all equal, and to love everyone !!"

Within 3 minutes my niece by marriage had posted the following: " I really don't understand how you can say that when you spent half your life studying the bible. I'm sorry but that's pretty sad..."

My response was: " Have you ever seen a little kid, I am talking toddler stage, who is male but very effeminate? I believe people like that are born that way and it is not up to us to judge them. I know that you don't disagree that we are to love all people. And if you disagree with something they are doing, it is that act you hate, not the person. Judge not lest you be judged."

At which she came back: "

Yes, I have had friends who I have worked with her were gay and I treated them with the utmost respect. I never preached to them or anything. However, I know you know what the bible says about it and I only take issue with the fact that now ... you openly deny what it says to be the truth of the matter. Being gay is a personal choice and Science has not been able to prove otherwise. They choose to be Gay, just like we choose to be straight. Saying otherwise is just them trying to justify their actions. I'm not judging, just stating the facts."

My response: " Well, Melissa, you can follow your conscience and I will follow mine. And we can agree to disagree. I do not believe for a minute that being gay is a personal choice, but there are many people born that way. Our bodies are not perfect. Have you ever heard of a hermaphrodite? They have organs of both sexes. I believe that gays are born with other aspects of the opposite sex rather than physical; probably more in the psyche/emotional range." Melissa: " Well, I just find it sad that you have turned so completely away from things that you spent your life believing. Anyone who has studied the bible for so long should not be able to deny the truths held in it but sadly, some people care more about the world's opinion than Gods. And by the way, these Hermaphrodite's have one DNA. Science has proven that Genetically they are always MALE but I'm not going to argue with you anymore because I can clearly see that you have let Satan completely blind you from the truth and that's just sad. The bible says that it's worse for a person who has known the truth and has turned away from it, just a thought for you to consider...: So now she has unfriended me - no loss there. But what was best of all is that there were several other people who weighed in on this and they all disagreed with her and stood up for me. I am not sure they all agreed with my position, but they sure did not like how Melissa was being - typical JW response, tho. Here is what one of my friends said: " Ginny, I'm sorry, I don't know who Melissa is to you, but she needs to get a life. Everybody has their own opinion, it doesn't mean it is right. The bible says, the bible says..... Melissa, you are the reason I'm not as religious anymore.... you have more hate, discrimination, and judgement in your heart than God does. God loves all! You can state your opinion, which we ALL see in its length, but it doesn't mean YOU are right either!" Any way, this is long and I hope someone will find it interesting. Just one more example of the sickness of that cult.
  • dinah
    dinah

I don't remember ever making the "choice" to be straight.....................it's just how I'm wired.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Here, I have broken it up into paragraphs better so it can be more easily read. I probably put too much of it in.

Last Friday I posted something supportive of gays on facebook - it was as follows: Put this on your status if you know or love someone who is gay. My wish is that people will understand that being gay is NOT a disease nor a choice- people who are gay are not looking for a cure but ACCEPTANCE and EQUAL RIGHTS... 93% won't copy and paste this. Will you make it your ...status for at least one hour? Prom ... ote LOVE & Acceptance! NOT hate! God says we are all equal, and to love everyone !!"

Within 3 minutes my niece by marriage had posted the following: " I really don't understand how you can say that when you spent half your life studying the bible. I'm sorry but that's pretty sad..."

My response was: " Have you ever seen a little kid, I am talking toddler stage, who is male but very effeminate? I believe people like that are born that way and it is not up to us to judge them. I know that you don't disagree that we are to love all people. And if you disagree with something they are doing, it is that act you hate, not the person. Judge not lest you be judged."

At which she came back: "

Yes, I have had friends who I have worked with her were gay and I treated them with the utmost respect. I never preached to them or anything. However, I know you know what the bible says about it and I only take issue with the fact that now ... you openly deny what it says to be the truth of the matter. Being gay is a personal choice and Science has not been able to prove otherwise. They choose to be Gay, just like we choose to be straight. Saying otherwise is just them trying to justify their actions. I'm not judging, just stating the facts."

My response: " Well, Melissa, you can follow your conscience and I will follow mine. And we can agree to disagree. I do not believe for a minute that being gay is a personal choice, but there are many people born that way. Our bodies are not perfect. Have you ever heard of a hermaphrodite? They have organs of both sexes. I believe that gays are born with other aspects of the opposite sex rather than physical; probably more in the psyche/emotional range." Melissa: " Well, I just find it sad that you have turned so completely away from things that you spent your life believing. Anyone who has studied the bible for so long should not be able to deny the truths held in it but sadly, some people care more about the world's opinion than Gods. And by the way, these Hermaphrodite's have one DNA. Science has proven that Genetically they are always MALE but I'm not going to argue with you anymore because I can clearly see that you have let Satan completely blind you from the truth and that's just sad. The bible says that it's worse for a person who has known the truth and has turned away from it, just a thought for you to consider...: So now she has unfriended me - no loss there. But what was best of all is that there were several other people who weighed in on this and they all disagreed with her and stood up for me. I am not sure they all agreed with my position, but they sure did not like how Melissa was being - typical JW response, tho. Here is what one of my friends said: " Ginny, I'm sorry, I don't know who Melissa is to you, but she needs to get a life. Everybody has their own opinion, it doesn't mean it is right. The bible says, the bible says..... Melissa, you are the reason I'm not as religious anymore.... you have more hate, discrimination, and judgement in your heart than God does. God loves all! You can state your opinion, which we ALL see in its length, but it doesn't mean YOU are right either!" Any way, this is long and I hope someone will find it interesting. Just one more example of the sickness of that cult.
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

They choose to be Gay, just like we choose to be straight.

I really did not know I chose to be straight, I thought I was just born that way.

I don't remember choosing, having said that, had I the choice, I might have chose women

cuz women are HOT!

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Sheesh, it still came out without the paragraphs. Yeah, Dinah, I noticed she said you make a choice to be straight also. I couldn't believe she said that. I have never heard such a thing. I think she just thought it up to try to support her position.

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Ooh she still got a facebook account, would love ya to pm me her email address & full name. LOL Would love to firestorm her account. Nasty brainless JW !

I too got to thinking that it was possible that gays had extra hormones. I did once read that lesbians had a tendancy to have high testosterone levels so I know that your assessment of the situation is quite plausible....

Of course when I was JW I was totally anti-gay, now I really dont give a stuff. The animal world seems to be all love up to the opposite sex & it doesnt stop them from reproducing and playing the field, so I now think let them be.... Who am I to cast judgement...

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

we choose to be straight? lol, what an idiot. lolol. you dont need that reject as a friend, glad your other friends called her out. JW's expose themselves as very foolish and hateful people.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ugh. There is so much wrong with her "right" there is nothing for me to do but shake my head (which now has a bit of a headache.) Oh, to discuss (argue?) with someone who will not hear.

On the other hand, your friend's comment:

"Ginny, I'm sorry, I don't know who Melissa is to you, but she needs to get a life. Everybody has their own opinion, it doesn't mean it is right. The bible says, the bible says..... Melissa, you are the reason I'm not as religious anymore.... you have more hate, discrimination, and judgement in your heart than God does. God loves all! You can state your opinion, which we ALL see in its length, but it doesn't mean YOU are right either!"

cheered me up considerably.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Your Momma - she is actually my niece by marriage. Two other of my nieces stood up for me, one of my nephews stood up for me, my youngest son, a friend of mine, and my daughter-in-laws mother. Melissa was getting called out by everyone who responded on this. I have a number of witness relatives as friends on facebook and I am very careful what I put up there a lot of the time, but I get tired to having to watch what I say because of them.

I wish happy birthday to people on there all the time and none of them has ever said anything. I am sure they all know I have left the "troof", have not been to the KH in over 5 years and want nothing to do with it, but they have all maintained their friendship with me on facebook until this experience with Melissa.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

What an idiot and ignorant. By choice?! She needs a reality slap, and no I am not gay (if I was who cares) BUT I have had VERY good friends who are. When you have a person tell you with tears in his eyes it would have been easier to be straight and be normal, tell me if that IS A CHOICE?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit