KS10 Chapter Two Discussion

by yknot 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

DB you have a PM it, should help you at work.

• yknot
    yknot

really boys....

Dearest Bethel Boys it was our 'Mother' who told me to 'circulate and advertise' ............further this publication is part of a worldwide Bible Educational work so why are yall freakin' out! Did you not read in the pubs and on the website that we are not a 'secret organization

[link removed]

But because I luv yall too and one day will fondly laugh about all of this when yall start your personal 'fade'...... (giggles and hugs)

Until then though for the 'sport'

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Thank you, Yknot, for these pieces of information, well not really anything new, we wonder why they bothered to issue a new elder manual just for the sake of this brazen thing. But please would you tell us, as you seem to have an evident craving for freedom, how do you manage to stand all these meetings and the constraints of JW life ?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This thread has been viewed almost 900 times. Ynot you have just started some stuff.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

From a quick scanning of Chapter 2, I think there are around 75 bulleted 'points'. That's just Chapter 2. So by the end of the whole manual, maybe you'll get your 613 directives similar to the Pharasaical codification. When there's that many bullet points, there's a real need to consult the manual at all times; I guess that's the point here.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Yknot, your commitment to making organizational/judicial structure as "open source" as possible reminds me of how egalitarian the first-century congregation was (I can only imagine). Far from the clergy/laity separation ("special knowlege") that's so openly embraced in most faiths.

Since I can't access the file-sharing sites at work, I haven't seen them. That being said, from reading the old book, there likely aren't very many "secrets" in this new one. It was true with the old one that most material could be found elsewhere in "public" literature. I can understand the desire to consolidate this information into one easy-to-reference book for the elders, but why this type of extreme secrecy and control? It just unnecessarily leads to exactly what is going on here and provides ample ammunition to anyone that argues that there is a clergy/laity separation.

Plus, for those going through the judicial process, knowing that only the elders have this "secret" book, encourages them to feel that the deck is already stacked against them-- that they're being judged against a set of rules that they don't even have access to. Just my two cents...

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

M_J_N_M... you highlight an interesting point that I'm sure many may agree with.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Amazing! This site is obviously being monitored. I can't help but think this is some serious copyright violation doing some high level pissing off that WTBTS will pursue. I sure hope you are able to cover your ass.

• yknot
    yknot

I am just the messager.......

I haven't scanned a single page....

The person(s) responsible are all having a good laugh and are willing to take turns in watching for link health....

(BTW Bethel lurker: A couple are from within your camp;)

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Chapter 12 is a very good read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit